• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pull A Tornado......

M

monobrow

Tornado Pull

Blue Bull Radio at RAF Marham in Norfolk are doing a sponsored Tornado Pull. Seeing as this red nose day is 'The Big One' you cant get much bigger than a jet! 20 members of the radio team and some squadron members are going to try and pull the jet some distance down the runway. We are also hoping to decorate the jet with a red nose supplied by Graham Sweet Studios in Cardiff. So get sponsoring this BIG event!

And as it's the 25th Anniversary of the Tornado's service, what better way to do it than pulling the 25th Anniversary Jet!!!!

www.myrednoseday.com/TornadoPull

M

Mrs_Monobrow

Donated a fiver!

Come on guys.........Dont be shy!

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

The Bowmeister

Darkside Jedi Master
Blue Bull Radio at RAF Marham in Norfolk are doing a sponsored Tornado Pull. Seeing as this red nose day is 'The Big One' you cant get much bigger than a jet! 20 members of the radio team and some squadron members are going to try and pull the jet some distance down the runway. We are also hoping to decorate the jet with a red nose supplied by Graham Sweet Studios in Cardiff. So get sponsoring this BIG event!
And as it's the 25th Anniversary of the Tornado's service, what better way to do it than pulling the 25th Anniversary Jet!!!!

Sounds a great idea, but 216 and 101 Sqns had a red nose day Big Jet pull with real grown up Aircraft last year and we was on Telly and everything.

M

monobrow

Sounds a great idea, but 216 and 101 Sqns had a red nose day Big Jet pull with real grown up Aircraft last year and we was on Telly and everything.

Ohhhhh is that a "we done it better!!!"

I'll be pulling out all the media stops I can in less than 2 weeks. Lets see who can do it better huh (and we don't have anything big here, so we'll have to make do with a GR4!)

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Tornado Pull

www.myrednoseday.com/TornadoPull

27 years actually (including the start of TTTE). Talking of size (because it matters), I remember being part of a sizeable team pulling a Vulcan out of the shed at Scampton (last minor out of MEAS etc).:pDT_Xtremez_28:

M

Mrs_Monobrow

Put your money where your mouth is :pDT_Xtremez_07:

How did you do???

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Well no-one told the painters!!!! Seen the paint job they've done on it??? Picture is on the website :pDT_Xtremez_15:

First of all, are you surprised? and secondly, I think the headline is 25 years of (operational) service, obviously ignoring the training bit.:pDT_Xtremez_03:

fatbaldchief

Corporal

And we did it on a Hawk with 4 of us in 1985 for the first Red Nose Day and was on the telly wiv Lenny Henry so there you 20 odd years too late pretenders!! :pDT_Xtremez_15:

M

monobrow

And we did it on a Hawk with 4 of us in 1985 for the first Red Nose Day and was on the telly wiv Lenny Henry so there you 20 odd years too late pretenders!! :pDT_Xtremez_15:

1985 I would have been 3 and probably didn't understand it, so it don't count for me! Not bad going though!!!

Well, we're a bit late in organising this (as it's in 2 weeks) but there we go, it'll be a laugh and we'll raise money for a very worthy cause.

Anyone seen a tornado with a massive (should be about 5-6ft) red nose?? (and not the RAM screen) We're getting a massive poystyrene red nose donated from the kind guys at Graham Sweets, so this Tornado is gonna look the part!!!

M

Mrs_Monobrow

Thanks to those who have donated already!

Found out this morning that the MCO here is trying to get Stephen Fry down on the day! Nice bit of publicity.

Keep donating please guys!

M

monobrow

well, a bit of photoshop applied to the picture, this is going to be a laugh to see in the flesh!!!

Last edited: