• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pull A Tornado......

C

Comms_Lad

Ill have a word on monday with my moderator see if we can get something posted on the intra-web up here for you matey, seeing as we already link the goat of our inter-web page I dont think there will be any probs

Last edited:
M

monobrow

Ill have a word on monday with my moderator see if we can get something posted on the intra-web up here for you matey, seeing as we already link the goat of our inter-web page I dont think there will be any probs

That would be excellent!

Many thanks!!!

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Ohhhhh is that a "we done it better!!!"

I'll be pulling out all the media stops I can in less than 2 weeks. Lets see who can do it better huh (and we don't have anything big here, so we'll have to make do with a GR4!)

You didn't fancy giving the victor a little stroll then ?

How far are you planing to pull the Tonka ?

M

monobrow

You didn't fancy giving the victor a little stroll then ?

How far are you planing to pull the Tonka ?

The victor is a bit "Fixed" as it's bolted outside handbrake house! Did think of using a canberra (think theres the shell of one about somewhere) but we got lots of Tornados, so why not!

As for distance, to be honest, we're gonna try to go as far as possible.

dodgysootie said:
And a tenner from me.

Many Thanks!!!!!!

dammit... i was tricked into leaving my real name!!! that'll teach me to not to use my mouse whilst tired!

Best of luck with pulling your little one ;)

M

monobrow

dammit... i was tricked into leaving my real name!!! that'll teach me to not to use my mouse whilst tired!

Best of luck with pulling your little one ;)

Thanks Muchly, I won't tell anyone who it is.......... even if they pay me!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Details...

Details...

Will the Aircraft be "whole" (as in no missing bits)...will it have Big jugs and stores and will it be fully fueled ? Just need to know before i decide........doubt it like...but who knows...

Crack on...........:pDT_Xtremez_09:

airframe doctor

Corporal
Will the Aircraft be "whole" (as in no missing bits)...will it have Big jugs and stores and will it be fully fueled ? Just need to know before i decide........doubt it like...but who knows...

Crack on...........:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Tonka with no bits missing??Like to see thatOff Topic

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Tonka with no bits missing??Like to see thatOff Topic

Thats why i'm asking...if not "Whole" then not a valid pull...also has to have all external stores (no dummies) Big Jugs AND FULL FUEL..and verified to be a kosher Tonka pull...

Crack on...............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Oh and P.S. Has to be a plain variety not some fancy crappy painted version unless its the 14 sqn jet cause thats ace.......

re Crack on............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

M

monobrow

Well.......

Seen as this was partially my idea..... and the anniversary jet is on my sqn at the moment....... and the Rects controller who has to provide

a) the jet
b) tractor
c) tow team (to and from)

and all on a friday........

I expect to see it, not only big jugs + full of fuel, but with full EPW and ALARM stubbed to the teeth, plus ammo box full, and the fattest aircrew going!

Also if you wanted stores on there, I can stick a few toolkits on the top if that'd make you happy!!!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Well.......

Seen as this was partially my idea..... and the anniversary jet is on my sqn at the moment....... and the Rects controller who has to provide

a) the jet
b) tractor
c) tow team (to and from)

and all on a friday........

I expect to see it, not only big jugs + full of fuel, but with full EPW and ALARM stubbed to the teeth, plus ammo box full, and the fattest aircrew going!

Also if you wanted stores on there, I can stick a few toolkits on the top if that'd make you happy!!!

Mono you were doing really well up until "the fattest aircrew going" Bit...I know for a fact the Fattest Nav is in the Gulf at the mo (happens to be our CO but hey ho i got no career) .....so you aint gonna mannage fattest aircrew......i can't imagine aircrew at all.....oh reck me sorry i forgot cameras present aircrew flocking a plenty.

Hope its a good night mono......:pDT_Xtremez_09:

M

monobrow

oh reck me sorry i forgot cameras present aircrew flocking a plenty.

Yup, I can see it now.... 10 crews perched on spine/intakes/wings all sipping bubbly and having much merriment at the workers below........

(hehehehehehehe)

Fattest bloke.... wouldn't be a nav by chance??? I might know him :pDT_Xtremez_09:

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
How many of you will be pulling ?
Will you be timing it ?
If so can I donate after the event ? I fancy a time v money donation of some sort !

Something along the lines of; 2p per second under 10 mins !

M

monobrow

There'll be 20 of us (give or take a couple) Including Mrs_M!!!

Cause it's mostly the radio lot, and lets face it, quite a few are built a bit like Chris Moyles, I'm not too optimistic on the time! But seen as 150 meters seems the challenge.... why not!

(If we break the Honnington lot though, I'll be dead impressed!)

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Ok you are on ! I always find straight donations for charity far too boring.

150 meter pull, per 2 pence for every second under 10 Min's :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Good Luck.....

Anybody wanna better me and go 3 pence ?

M

monobrow

Speaking to the officers involved (there are many now!) we're not going to time it, but the dispersal is about 400m! That'd be impressive!

Not only that though, we now have the red nose for the Tornado which has made the South Wales Echo already!

Firm nose the best way to help RAF Mar 13 2007

Jessica Flynn, South Wales Echo

This giant red nose has been made to fit snuggly on the end of an RAF Tornado for Comic Relief.

It was made free of charge by Cardiff-run family business Graham Sweet Studios, based at Excelsior Industrial Estate, Western Avenue, Cardiff, after being asked by RAF Marham in Norfolk.

Measuring 120 cms, the giant polystyrene red nose will be driven to Norfolk on the back of a lorry, where it will be fitted on the nose of a Tornado fighter jet.

A group of airmen will then attempt to pull the 23-ton Tornado jet along the runway of the base to raise money as part of the RAF camp's fundraising for Comic Relief on Friday.

'We're used to supplying props and other decorative items for retailers, television and film companies,' said Graham Sweet. 'We did the chain for the dragon scene for one of the Harry Potter films The Goblet of Fire. In 38 years we've been asked to do some unusual things and this one is one of them, but it's one of the nicer ones.'

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/sout...objectid=18746776&siteid=50082-name_page.html

Last edited:
C

Comms_Lad

Mono if youve got the station photog their get a good pic of you all with the Tornado complete with nose and I shall see how far I can get the pic published for you.