• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pucker Gen when on your travels

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
FATFUDD said:
well after reading through all these comments, it seems taht you all need to get in the dirty of it all and volenteer for a war zone!!! are you all war dodging??? :pDT_Xtremez_28:

The problem is, is that there doesn't seem to be too many great watering holes in any of the hotspots we go to. Even if there was getting off base to go to them would be a little tricky. Saying that the Thai restaurant (forgot the name) at Kabul was top notch, very good food and some very nice wines with the best bit being that there's no stupid two can rule.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

B

Beerofund

One track mind

One track mind

TheHogwartsBEngO said:
Having a gorgeous meal in Bam-bu with a GE and 3 lineys is not quite the same as enjoying one with the Mrs. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

A bit off topic I think!

But I like the thought process all the same!

LOL:D :D :D

T

Trenchards Ghost

I'm off on a stag trip to Prague soon....Any tips?????

O

Oh sir

I'm off on a stag trip to Prague soon....Any tips?????

TG: I've got 2 guide books on Prague, been there a few times. You on a Military Unit? I'll happily post them to you internal mail, as long as I get them back within a few months or so.....

Other than that I can reccomend a few places by PM if you like.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
pucker gen

pucker gen

I can heartily recommend the Hotel Director in Santiago, Chile. Half way around the planet for an airshow, bl00dy marvellous!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
The ESSEX Bar in the gypo's quatrer of Constana, Romania. Joint of the highest order and makes other clubs of its nature a rip off!! (beware however, it isn't in the gypos quarter for nothing!):pDT_Xtremez_30:

K

katinthehat

Oh seeing as Valentines is fast approaching - those of you in the RAF Lincs area may be interested in a Michellin starred little known seafood restaurant that does the most wonderful lobster.
It is about 20 miles from Lincoln, off the A52, called Pauls, in the village of Bottesford.
Pricey, but well worth it!!!!!

Last edited:
D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

I can heartily recommend the Hotel Director in Santiago, Chile. Half way around the planet for an airshow, bl00dy marvellous!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Indeed! Also the @miltary owned' establishments are good too there. The CAF Club is beautiful and the armed forces also have a country club that is really good and the food is amazing. We also tried a traditional dancing venue - cant remember the name - but it looked like easter island on the outside and had a local live band and lots of costumes and dancing during the meal...entertaining!

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
The Land of the Rising Sun

The Land of the Rising Sun

I spent a month in Japan and toured a fair amount of it, anyone want any advice for planning a trip there PM me and i'll give you all the gen i found when planning mine.

W

wgaf

If anyone gets themselves over to China lake then get yourself over to DJs bar and diner. The lass who owns it and runs it is married to a chief who I use to work with top people, pm for details.

N

Notsoblunt

Indeed! Also the @miltary owned' establishments are good too there. The CAF Club is beautiful and the armed forces also have a country club that is really good and the food is amazing. We also tried a traditional dancing venue - cant remember the name - but it looked like easter island on the outside and had a local live band and lots of costumes and dancing during the meal...entertaining!

Methinks Realist78 and DoesMyBumLookBigInThis were not too impressed with the board and lodgings I provided for them whilst they were passing through Cancun in Mexico then!!! What was up with the teepee with a thatched roof?

Talking of Cancun, I know of a few eating places which I can recommend from italian, mexican, steakhouses seafood, etc - but too many to put on here. Same goes for Veracruz in Mexico too.

If anyone wants more details on places in Mexico, then drop me a line.

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Methinks Realist78 and DoesMyBumLookBigInThis were not too impressed with the board and lodgings I provided for them whilst they were passing through Cancun in Mexico then!!! What was up with the teepee with a thatched roof?

Talking of Cancun, I know of a few eating places which I can recommend from italian, mexican, steakhouses seafood, etc - but too many to put on here. Same goes for Veracruz in Mexico too.

The brazilian style steak house opposite the Blue-Bay Getaway and Spa Cancun is great. Can recommend a few places to visit in cancun and a friendly internet bookable tour company out there. i used them and had a wonderful time. PM for more details.

Last edited:

Realist78

Master of my destiny
pucker gen

pucker gen

Nothing wrong with the teepee, wish we had a couple more nights there. The ball ache (at every destination on the way) was the accommodation screw up at each hotel. If people had only used the lists that they had requested, and were sent, there wouldn't have been the check in faff, wasting VDT!:pDT_Xtremez_09:

TSLFC

LAC
How come nobody's mentioned Belize!!! Jewel of the Carribean!!

Bi Joes & Ma blakes just outside the camp - The Big C and the Queen of hearts down town - ahh the memories. Still scratching after 29 years :pDT_Xtremez_30:

T

Twisted

Drink

Drink

Hi All,

I recommend including the attached www link as part of your pre-jolly procedures:

www.worldsbestbars.com

Priceless!

On a personal note I thoroughly recommend the Trafalger Square Hilton in London. Aside from possessing Europe's longest bourbon bar ["Rockwell"] it also has a cracking roof bar for those balmy summer sundowners.

Enjoy.

:pDT_Xtremez_35:

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Nearer to home

Nearer to home

My father in laws guest house in Blackpool is quite nice the home cooking is hearty and its near to town. Most places I have stayed at are sh1tholes courtesy of the CHBS or have been part of the conference package oh but USAF 477th EMED at Baghdad International Airport was nice as they let me help myself to all their free goodies!!!!!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
My father in laws guest house in Blackpool is quite nice the home cooking is hearty and its near to town. Most places I have stayed at are sh1tholes courtesy of the CHBS or have been part of the conference package oh but USAF 477th EMED at Baghdad International Airport was nice as they let me help myself to all their free goodies!!!!!

Nice advert for your father in Laws gaff........will he do a forces discount ?..If so i predict a major increase in his revenue !!

(P.S. i want 2 x discount as it was my idea...lol)

Crack on..................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

R

redeye

when in incirlik don't go to the wagonwheel and dont roll in 3 hours before wheels with your co
it doesn't go down to well