• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PRTC Fitness Warning

Good Morning, PRTC last week (14/15 Jan 2010) was the first one with the new fitness assessment standard.
13 Personnel "Did not achieve the required standard" and were removed from the PRTC course. They were given a brief on how to improve their personal fitness and were also briefed by the AFCO staff present, that they would not be able to reapply for the RAF for a further 6 months.
To that end, if you are attending PRTC soon, you had better make sure you are able to pass the Multi Stage Fitness test or you will not be joining the RAF.

PRTC Levels to be achieved are as follows:

Males

Age 16-29
MSFT - 8.6
Press Ups - 4
Sit Ups - 7

Age 30-34
MSFT - 8.0
Press Ups - 4
Sit Ups - 6

Females

Age 16-29
MSFT - 6.1
Press Ups - 2
Sit Ups - 6

Age 30-34
MSFT - 5.7
Press Ups - 2
Sit Ups - 6

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Good Luck and see you soon!

K

knobbly

Good Morning, PRTC last week (14/15 Jan 2010) was the first one with the new fitness assessment standard.
13 Personnel "Did not achieve the required standard" and were removed from the PRTC course. They were given a brief on how to improve their personal fitness and were also briefed by the AFCO staff present, that they would not be able to reapply for the RAF for a further 6 months.
To that end, if you are attending PRTC soon, you had better make sure you are able to pass the Multi Stage Fitness test or you will not be joining the RAF.

PRTC Levels to be achieved are as follows:

Males

Age 16-29
MSFT - 8.6
Press Ups - 4
Sit Ups - 7

Age 30-34
MSFT - 8.0
Press Ups - 4
Sit Ups - 6

Females

Age 16-29
MSFT - 6.1
Press Ups - 2
Sit Ups - 6

Age 30-34
MSFT - 5.7
Press Ups - 2
Sit Ups - 6

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Good Luck and see you soon

When I attended last month I was told the levels achieved were:

MSFT-9.10
Press up-20
Sit up-35

and that even if we only a achieved a few less than we did we wouldn't go through. Is this not correct?

Also a word of advice to anyone who is reading this that is due to attend....make sure you are capable of completing all of the fitness requirements. I was quite shocked at how many people failed considering the requirements were not that hard or unachievable. You only have yourself to blame if you don't pass.

Oh and finally when the Cpl's tell you not to talk, whether it is whilst marching or doing tests...KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. We had so many people not listening and the Cpl's seemed pretty ****ed off...

U

ukhursty

When I attended last month I was told the levels achieved were:

MSFT-9.10
Press up-20
Sit up-35

Thats the green pass zone mate.

You'll need to achieve that when you arrive at RTS, or by the end of it, I'm not sure.

Don't get blinded by targets though, just put your max effort in on each discipline and you won't go far wrong. Remember you have one shot at PRTC to make the grade, so if you put the practice in and give 110% on the day you'll nail it. :)

K

knobbly

Thats the green pass zone mate.

You'll need to achieve that when you arrive at RTS, or by the end of it, I'm not sure.

Don't get blinded by targets though, just put your max effort in on each discipline and you won't go far wrong. Remember you have one shot at PRTC to make the grade, so if you put the practice in and give 110% on the day you'll nail it. :)

Haha then with all due respect but anyone who even fails should be banned for life!

Anyone who doesn't have the drive or determination to reach such a minimal fitness level does not deserve to pass....

Also if anyone is worrying about how to train for this I highly recommend circuits training classes at full effort...

'Pain is weakness leaving the body'....

Brackens

SAC
The green of 9.10, 20 and 35 has to be passed on day 57, you also have to get to 9.10 before cpt, no one on my intake (the last one to graduate) failed the final fitness test altough we did have one guy fail the push ups before cpt and he got reflighted. Got another test on Thursday and trust me you will quickly get bored of that beep test!

K

knobbly

The green of 9.10, 20 and 35 has to be passed on day 57, you also have to get to 9.10 before cpt, no one on my intake (the last one to graduate) failed the final fitness test altough we did have one guy fail the push ups before cpt and he got reflighted. Got another test on Thursday and trust me you will quickly get bored of that beep test!

Haha why how many have you done?

I quite enjoy the challenge of having to beat others on the beep. I know everyone will say they aim to beat the record but fingers crossed that's what i'll do.

You might as well add a bit of competitiveness into it ay.

Also apologies for misunderstanding. On our PRTC we were led to believe that the targets I stated had to be completed on PRTC not day 57. It did cause alot of confusion between many of us but I suppose it only spurred many on to achieve it on PRTC...now we have to improve further on that before basic....

Brackens

SAC

5 i think, got atleast 3 more in the next couple of months, as for beating the record my mate got level 14 in the final fitness test and i dont think that was the record so have fun!!!

K

knobbly

5 i think, got atleast 3 more in the next couple of months, as for beating the record my mate got level 14 in the final fitness test and i dont think that was the record so have fun!!!

Yer mate I know.

The record is 15.6 i'm led to believe. I've got to level 14 years ago and slipped (although I was done in anyway).

I have confidence I can get to level 15 at least and then it's a case of pushing out that little bit more...

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Work Hard

Work Hard

The RAF is currently having to turn away hundreds, yes hundreds of people, due to the lack of vacancies, therefore they are applying the passing standards to the letter.

You fail, you're losing your place in the que there and then.

And if you get sent away for 6 months that doesn't mean you have a right to reapply then, the trade you are applying for needs to be available and you need to prove you are ready this time.

To those that really want it and are prepared to put the effort in Good Luck.

Personally i think that it is great the their are fitness standards that have to be achived. When i went through RTS 5 years ago so many people failed their fittness tests. Since the RAF is cutting numbers their has been an increase of airmen being binned for failing their fittness test.
high initial standards result in a fighting fit force in preparation for deployment

New prtc fitness standards wef 1 aug 10

New prtc fitness standards wef 1 aug 10

With effect from the 30 Aug 10, there are now new PRTC Fitness Standards, which MUST be achieved to continue with the recruitment process, these are as follows:

Males:
Age 16-29 MSFT = 8.6 Press-Ups =6 Sit-Ups = 11
30-34 MSFT = 8.0 Press-Ups =6 Sit-Ups = 10

Females
Age 16-29 MSFT = 6.1 Press-Ups =3 Sit-Ups = 10
30-34 MSFT = 5.7 Press-Ups =2 Sit-Ups = 9

This is only the PRTC Requirement, not the RAF Fitness Test Standard.

Last edited:
A

AshBen89

I had my fitness Monday and had to run the 2.4km in 11 mins 11 secs 100% and 10 Push ups (5) 50% and 18 sit ups (9) 50%... MSFT is at 9.10... 100%

Did 19 push ups and was told to stop
Did 36 sit ups and was told to stop

still had 20 seconds left on each timer!!

PRTC is the next thing...any tips?

Cheers

D

Dribble

im really starting to worry now, ive been running on treadmills at fast pace and doing endurance runs for sometime until ive finally got hold of a copy of bleep test (of a police force website from down south) So went to the park - used google earth and the pertimter fence of the footy pitch - to mark out about 67 feet so just a bit more than 20 meters and off i went. I was shocked at how poor i did - now i can use my excuses of the ground is uneven, turning is more delicate as to not break my ankle in the holes and its been blazing hot... but still using excuses isnt going to make me kid myself into thinking "itll be alright on the day"... im now doing alternative days of medium distance jogging with shuttle runs and hill sprints and medium distance jogging with bleep test. So just a few questions really

1 - from your experience is it easier in a gym?
2 - is it easier when in a larger group ie; pacing yourself
3 - adrenaline and motivation will play a part i know - but i dont overestimate the part it will play at all, how much better did you guys perform when it really counted?

I am hitting between 40-50 push ups a minute and 30ish sit ups a minute at the moment so im really not bothered about them but this bleep test has got me worried....

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
Make sure you have the right version of the Bleep Rest. There are 2 versions available - 15m and 20m. You wouldn't be the first to be caught out!

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Make sure you have the right version of the Bleep Rest. There are 2 versions available - 15m and 20m. You wouldn't be the first to be caught out!

He's right... bearing in mind you got it from a police website you probably have it wrong as the police do the 15m version and we in the military do the 20m version.

D

Dribble

Bloody hell! Ill have to check that! Does anyone know were I can get it from my afco told me rmc website but the link to download it off there is broken

D

Dribble

Yes it turns out I do have the 15 mtr version rather than the twenty! Bit off a load of the mind but still would like to try get hold of proper version for some practice