• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Problems accessing threads

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Sorry to be a pain, but can someone advise me on a Goat related access issue?

I have tried to access Vim's thread about defence spending and each time I click on the link I get the following error mesage:
"No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

I can access all the other threads without issue so I am at a loss to understand what it is I am doing wrong. Can I pop this issue into someone's mental microwave to see if it defrosts? :pDT_Xtremez_31:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Its happening to me as well. Not every thread...just 1-2

Hot Shoes

Corporal
Barch looked at this last week for myself and another, it looks like its Vista and IE8. If I use Chrome I can see the threads I cannot with IE8

Hope this helps

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
So why is it seemingly only Forum: Jobs That I can't see?
So I cannot be IE.
Mr SCJ

SCJ, last week other people were having problems seeing posts in the Jobs forum. Both were using Vista with IE, (IE 8 & 9 IIRC).

Hot Shoes changed browser to Chrome and rectified the problem.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Barch looked at this last week for myself and another, it looks like its Vista and IE8. If I use Chrome I can see the threads I cannot with IE8

Hope this helps

I think it probably does - I am accessing the Goat through my works IT system and it is still on IE8 - lately I have been getting messges from various sites saying "your browser is no longer supported" or "your browser will soon no longer be able to access this site" - I am just amused that I can access all other threads bar this one.....

But good news!!! Our IT department have told me that we will be upgrading to IE 9 or whatever the latest version is - this could happen by 2015 if we are lucky.....

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
SCJ, last week other people were having problems seeing posts in the Jobs forum. Both were using Vista with IE, (IE 8 & 9 IIRC).

Hot Shoes changed browser to Chrome and rectified the problem.

Oh so why can I see other other threads and post (like this one)...Therefore a problem with the goat or the server used.

Obviously just a coincidence when with chrome

Mr SCJ

Last edited:

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Oh so why can I see other other threads and post (like this one)...Therefore a problem with the goat or the server used.

Obviously just a coincidence when with chrome

Mr SCJ
It could be anything!

IE looks for certain code for colours, other code for fonts other code for layout. It may be that the Jobs Forum has code that IE doesn't like.

Try Chrome or Firefox or even Comodo Dragon, if it works it works, if it doesn't then you will need to try something else.

One thing is for sure and that is IE8 was crap when it was new and hasn't got any better. IE9 doesn't seem to be any better.

It is your choice, try a possible fix or live with not being able to access some parts of the site.

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
It could be anything!

IE looks for certain code for colours, other code for fonts other code for layout. It may be that the Jobs Forum has code that IE doesn't like........live with not being able to access some parts of the site.

Prob the Job forum then, and as far as I am concerned I'll live with it because in my eyes if it ain't broke don't fix it. Its not my problem its the goat.

Mr SCJ

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
It could be anything!

IE looks for certain code for colours, other code for fonts other code for layout. It may be that the Jobs Forum has code that IE doesn't like.

Try Chrome or Firefox or even Comodo Dragon, if it works it works, if it doesn't then you will need to try something else.

One thing is for sure and that is IE8 was crap when it was new and hasn't got any better. IE9 doesn't seem to be any better.

It is your choice, try a possible fix or live with not being able to access some parts of the site.

Colour discrimination for ex-service jobs? Surely not!

Puma

SAC
If you're not using Chrome, you don't know how much faster you can browse the internet - it is the Daddy (at the moment).

Wipe your minges and get on Chrome....

(and I don't work for them..Honest!)

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
If you're not using Chrome, you don't know how much faster you can browse the internet - it is the Daddy (at the moment).

Wipe your minges and get on Chrome....

(and I don't work for them..Honest!)

I agree - and avoid Safari, it'll try and take over and muddle up your downloads, and you'll have to do a restart to get everything back to normal.