• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potholes

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So, Mr Osbourne graciously gives councils £100 million extra to deal with the potholes caused by years of underinvestment in roads and with UK motorists paying the highest motoring taxes in the developed world (probably) (which don't go on roads) (definitely). And the Japanese, after the biggest seismic event in their history can do this?

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I may ask the Japanese to come to Lancashire - the roads here look like area denial weapons have been used on them....

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So, Mr Osbourne graciously gives councils £100 million extra to deal with the potholes caused by years of underinvestment in roads and with UK motorists paying the highest motoring taxes in the developed world (probably) (which don't go on roads) (definitely). And the Japanese, after the biggest seismic event in their history can do this?

It's a good point that you make about the Japanese...It would appear there is no public outrage, no chavs are trying to sue the Government or are bleating for state handouts (beyond what they have been given) and they would seem to be getting themselves out of their awful position through acceptance and elbow grease...Good on em.

Craig855s

Sergeant
This country is crap compared to pretty much everywhere else, what's new?

There is no saving this country

Lamptramp

An ex-DF - in dog rescue!
It's a good point that you make about the Japanese...It would appear there is no public outrage, no chavs are trying to sue the Government or are bleating for state handouts (beyond what they have been given) and they would seem to be getting themselves out of their awful position through acceptance and elbow grease...Good on em.

Here Here!

Proud people and rightly so.

"here is your 300g of cooked rice for two people."
"Ah, thank you very much. That is kind of you."

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
All week I have been stuck in a traffic jam on my way to and from work as a raised bus stop has been installed on both sides of the road.

After leaving the works in both directions with 50m there are huge potholes, and badly degraded top surface (I know last year I cycled that route and was thrown off by one of the pot holes).

Now have we got our priorities right, the country's skint the roads are in rag order and we are wasting money putting in high kerbs whilst those that actually pay for the roads are having their cars damaged day in day out.