• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pay Rise Thoughts?

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
One of many on here, me included, looking forward to the same thing
+1 (IF it happens), let's recall the Chancellor (New) has the purse-strings for the triple-lock on State Pensions, we (Mil), are aligned also to CPI - But, in line with my earlier point some weeks ago, are the Military Pensions Mandated to receiving the Sep CPI rate in full???
Maybe one for Vauxhall...?

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
+1 (IF it happens), let's recall the Chancellor (New) has the purse-strings for the triple-lock on State Pensions, we (Mil), are aligned also to CPI - But, in line with my earlier point some weeks ago, are the Military Pensions Mandated to receiving the Sep CPI rate in full???
Maybe one for Vauxhall...?
They have been uplifted in line with CPI for that month every year since CPI became their latest accounting method.

However I stand by for these slimy bar stewards to introduce another method, called Sweet F**k All.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
They have been uplifted in line with CPI for that month every year since CPI became their latest accounting method.

However I stand by for these slimy bar stewards to introduce another method, called Sweet F**k All.
Being a tight-fisted, deep pocketed Yorkshireman, I am eminently aware of your first sentence. ✅
I am also very much aware that your second sentence could come to fruition...😡
Would like to hear from FPS if we are Mandated iaw Triple-lock CPI, or whether MOD 'can be excluded...'

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
It’ll be in the pension scheme rules, not sure if they changed the wording to CPI or to the governments preferred inflation figure.

The government is flush with cash at the moment so any attempt to feck off government pensioners would be very brave.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Just discussing this point a few weeks ago with a fellow ex, - he seemed to think (long ago) there was a 'cap' applied to MOD Pension award figure. (In the old RPI days).