• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ordering an Airman to spend their own money

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Good luck Grym.

Now this is a message to those in the upper echalons who read this. (I know you do because 10 years ago I ended up having a one-way chat with OC PMS about a post on here that I made relating to DWR turn-round times that some FS at High Wycombe saw and copied to his Flt Lt, who copied to his Sqn Ldr, who copied to his Wg Cdr, who copied it to OC BSW at Cottesmore, who demanded that the poster be identified and dealt with.)

FFS, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS $H!TTY TREATMENT OF YOUR PERSONNEL.

****THE PERSONAL DETAILS OF EVERY SINGLE MEMBER ON THIS SITE ARE PROTECTED BY STRICT DATA LAWS AND AS SUCH, WILL NEVER BE DISCLOSED, REGARDLESS OF ANY TUBTHUMPING BY ANYONE, REGARDLESS OF WHO THEY ARE, WHO THEY THINK THEY ARE, OR WHAT, (IF ANY) RANK THEY HOLD****

StickyFingers

Sergeant
Imagine getting shit for standing up for yourself and the right thing?

I thought we had laws to stop this sort of stuff?

They even have a box in your SJAR to set these things straight if you have been wronged in that.

Enjoy your tie and trip.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
****THE PERSONAL DETAILS OF EVERY SINGLE MEMBER ON THIS SITE ARE PROTECTED BY STRICT DATA LAWS AND AS SUCH, WILL NEVER BE DISCLOSED, REGARDLESS OF ANY TUBTHUMPING BY ANYONE, REGARDLESS OF WHO THEY ARE, WHO THEY THINK THEY ARE, OR WHAT, (IF ANY) RANK THEY HOLD****

That's as maybe. The offending post (in their eyes anyway) was made by me, and someone at High Wycombe went to great lengths to ascertain that the post was made by a TG17 SNCO at Cottesmore. There were only half a dozen of us, and rather than see a witch hunt and my colleagues having the thumbscrews put on them, I told OC PMS to call off the pack dogs as it was me. I ended up receiving MAA and a less than complimentary SJAR where the 2nd RO (the one you have no right of reply against) really stuck the knife in and stated that I'd received disciplinary action against me for a breach of personal data - a career-stopper for a TG17 SNCO.

The post was of no such breach (IMHO) - I commented that I had recently seen a DWR spreadsheet that showed some personnel had not been deployed in over 20 years. No names, no ranks, no trades.

stereolab

Station Cashier
That's as maybe. The offending post (in their eyes anyway) was made by me, and someone at High Wycombe went to great lengths to ascertain that the post was made by a TG17 SNCO at Cottesmore. There were only half a dozen of us, and rather than see a witch hunt and my colleagues having the thumbscrews put on them, I told OC PMS to call off the pack dogs as it was me. I ended up receiving MAA and a less than complimentary SJAR where the 2nd RO (the one you have no right of reply against) really stuck the knife in and stated that I'd received disciplinary action against me for a breach of personal data - a career-stopper for a TG17 SNCO.

The post was of no such breach (IMHO) - I commented that I had recently seen a DWR spreadsheet that showed some personnel had not been deployed in over 20 years. No names, no ranks, no trades.
I suspect the majority would have been the TG17 Mafia from Innsworth.

Entropy

Sergeant
Wear a jumper so the tie is hidden. Are the brown jobs going to have an inspection of your civvies and make you get your tie out?

Captain Kirk

Corporal
What's force development and how does it help you in your career. Seems an awful waste of money. Train fares aren't cheap plus the loss of a days work from service personnel.

If you get the chance to meet a MP ask them how feel how about service personnel having to buy their own equipment and paying their own way when on duty.
A while back I said that you were never very far up the ladder, and yet again you have proven me right.
A simple lesson for you, though it’s too late anyway. If you don’t invest, then do not expect a return. You could maybe read in to it though, you do seem on here most of the day for some reason.

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Thanks for all the good advice and information, I must have been around the Army too long as I was half expecting all the answers to be 'Suck it up'

The event is on the 24th (Monday) and although it's going to **** me off and make me angry, I'm going to do as was suggested and pick my battles carefully. It's pretty shitty knowing you are in the right, but highlighting it will make your career and life a lot worse but in this instance, I think it's the better of the two evils. So ill buy the RAF tie and make my way to the Station (probably by taxi/Uber) and keep things pleasant.

Oh, what a world we live in.

Thank you again.

Grym
You’ve swallowed a shxt sandwich there, that’s for sure. Are you JHC?

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
A while back I said that you were never very far up the ladder, and yet again you have proven me right.
A simple lesson for you, though it’s too late anyway. If you don’t invest, then do not expect a return. You could maybe read in to it though, you do seem on here most of the day for some reason.
Here we go again you know feck all about me. You've got a problem with me live with it.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I need a little advice/confirmation

I work in a team that is multi-service (RAF and Army) and there is an upcoming Force Development event to the houses of parliament.

For some reason, the Army gets a raging hard-on about Corps Ties and the WO1 in charge of the section has said everyone must have a corps/RAF branded tie. I protested that I didn't have an RAF tie other than the black on issued and he basically said go an buy one or you will be MAA/AGAI'ed.

First of all, can you be ordered to use your own money (albeit it only a small amount but the concept is the same) to but stuff for duty, and if yes can you have administrative action against you for not complying with the order?

and also, can you be ordered to use your own vehicle for 'duty' transport without getting any money back? So again, we have been told that we must make our own way to the train station for the onward journey to London but there will be no compensation for that travel (Petrol costs/Taxi/Bus). The train to London is funded but the travel to the station isn't.

I know this may all seem menial to some 'stop being a cockwomble and just spend the money' but I didnt think that you could be ordered to be out of pocket for a work related activity.

I am happy to be proven that this is incorrect as long as the JSP/QR/official document states so.

Grym
Wear any old tie and make a story up about it. As for the journey to the Station, claim on JPA and use the AO as the authority.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
The PMA mafia could always be found at Gioia, Incirlik and Al Udied.
Don't know about Gioia but you're bng on about Incirlik and Al Udied. I had a slight run in with some PMA oik at Al U re an airman who had domestic problems at home but the Tate and Lyles on my chest soon put the oik back in their box and the job got sorted.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
Too many years ago a WG Cdr insisted that the whole section should wear a unit tee shirt (£5.99 each) just because she had one, as did the other commissioned members, bought at own expense. As WO I did quick shuffty through the regs regarding uniform etc followed by a quick chat with said Wg Cdr about non-com ranks wearing non issue kit etc. Job sorted and tee shirts were 'issued' from the unit slush fund. An easy win but hey they all count. That nice big badge can be nuke proof at times, as long as you use it wisely.