• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh my God what have I done to deserve this???

skevans

Flight Sergeant
I am posted to kinloss with pretty much immediate effect, only eight days left at work, loads of courses and then start up at ISK in Oct.

What have I done wrong!!!

Parky

Corporal
Its not that bad a camp to go to, I had a really good time up there. Nice area and Easy jet operate out of Inverness at reasonable rates too so travel back down south is not as hard as it used to be

B

bigfella

I can reccomend a good torch for the winter... heheheheheheh.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I am posted to kinloss with pretty much immediate effect, only eight days left at work, loads of courses and then start up at ISK in Oct.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....ha!

I know this isn't very constructive but at times like this you've gotta laugh...

I know it's almost July but make sure you have a warm coat and wooly hat as it gets a bit nippy up there in comparison to doon South at this time of year...:pDT_Xtremez_17:

Killer Queen

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....ha!

I know this isn't very constructive but at times like this you've gotta laugh...

I know it's almost July but make sure you have a warm coat and wooly hat as it gets a bit nippy up there in comparison to doon South at this time of year...:pDT_Xtremez_17:

Ignore this one I have never thought I would have got sun burnt. On every visit i was surprised by the sun.

There still be the Capercaille club.

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Fortunately I have been to Kinloss many times, three days every six months for the last 3.5 years, so at least I have some idea what to expect.

I can't blame Vim for his reaction, I was the same after my initial outburst!

I'm actually looking forward to it now that its sunk in and I have had a chance to calm down.

Last edited:

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
i spent 3 years along the road at lossie in 2000 and enjoyed it not a bad area really my brother did tours in germany early 90's and most of the uk still said lossie was the best place he'd been to :pDT_Xtremez_31:
i guess it's what you make of it:pDT_Xtremez_28:

E

Edzar

I understand your inital post Skev's (I can call you that can't I?) - but I have been up in this area since 1986 (apart from a few glory tours in Deutchsland, and my last year in Marparts) and I wouldn't be anywhere else now.
The area is ace. And although it can be a bit breezy 364 days of the year, you will find it has it's own climate, known locally as the Costa Del Moray!:pDT_Xtremez_31:

When the news/weather/radio says it's going to rain here we just ignore it and get on with life eg washing the car etc as the wet stuff normally falls on the hills further inland....which is nice!

However, I can't say I 'd enjoy Kinloss as I have never been there on the kipper fleet - life in the fast lane at Lossie was more to my liking. ( I can say that now I've retired!!!!! Tee-hee)

Hope this helps!

Edzar

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber

Well, it's obvious you are THE Man for the job. Your skills are highly valued and you will fit into the roun dhole immediately and thus get highly productive.
You are a credit to the RAF.

How's that then ?

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
Can we ask Ske where you are posted onto

ISK is not that bad , only the last few years with the press has given this place much publicity, but it really is a gem of a posting and majority that come to ISK settle here and dont wish to go anywhere else. I guess each to there own but give it a chance , it really is a nice place

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Scotland

if I was 10 years younger and not a shandy drinking southerner..

I would take the kids up north and see some scenery!

If you are single, there are worse places. If you are married, the family will love it (apart from seeing the grandparents... Biggest problem.)

E

Edzar

You never said goodbye.

But who does in the suicide capital.:pDT_Xtremez_31:

I did come into your office a few times b4 I left but you weren't around, come to think of it, nobody was which I found a bit strange!
Maybe they've all escaped too?!

Or have you been too busy to notice!!:pDT_Xtremez_31:

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
After my fitters course in 91, I got posted to Lossie, thought it was the end of my life, how wrong I was! Been up here ever since and I'm never going back down south.
:pDT_Xtremez_30:

PS Don't tell everyone how good it is, they'll all want to come up to here!