• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh Captain my Captain!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Robin Williams is dead.

US actor Robin Williams has been found dead, aged 63, in an apparent suicide, California police say....His publicist said he had been "battling severe depression".

I don't understand depression at all...but I do understand that the world has lost a rare talent.

One of top fave movie sound tracks is Good Morning Vietnam and it would have been nothing without him...

Kryten

Warrant Officer
He was one of those rarities - an American comedian that appealed to everyone. Good Morning Vietnam was one of the best comedy movies ever made, and he came a close second with Mrs Doubtfire as well.

Nanu Nanu, Robin - you will be missed.

morse1001

Sergeant
he was a very talented man, someone who could anyone but himself laugh. His comedy and personality will be irreplaceable. When the black dog of depression bites, it is difficult and long process to be rid of it, But now Robin Williams has found peace.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I must be one of those rare ones who didn't find him funny. He lost me after mork and mind. But saying that it's sad whenever anybody takes their life.

Rest in peace

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Robin Williams sat at waiting at the pearly gates ... St Peter looks down and says "your going to be hanging around"

Seriously?

Seriously?

He was one of those rarities - an American comedian that appealed to everyone. Good Morning Vietnam was one of the best comedy movies ever made, and he came a close second with Mrs Doubtfire as well.

Nanu Nanu, Robin - you will be missed.

I had always assumed from the way you had picked the legend that is 'Kryten' as your profile that you knew something about comedy - Red Dwarf being a classic British comedy.

Then, you go and spoil it all by using the words Mrs Doubtfire and comedy in the same sentence!

I had to endure that film once (obviously trying to impress a girl) and remember half way through wondering if I could actually claw my own eyes out and pop them back in at the end. Terrible.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
He was very inventive; quick-witted and genuinely funny (even if it was a 'mere' smile).
He will be missed.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I had always assumed from the way you had picked the legend that is 'Kryten' as your profile that you knew something about comedy - Red Dwarf being a classic British comedy.

Then, you go and spoil it all by using the words Mrs Doubtfire and comedy in the same sentence!

I had to endure that film once (obviously trying to impress a girl) and remember half way through wondering if I could actually claw my own eyes out and pop them back in at the end. Terrible.

I will admit that I find humour in a lot of films and my comedic taste is quite broad; I actually didnt mind Mrs Doubtfire. I have to say that Robin Williams in that was better than Russell brand in "Get Him to the Greek" or whatever it was called.....

G

Gord

It appears a number of comedians suffer from depression, I give you Tony Hancock, Peter Sellers, John Belushi and no doubt there are many more and now Robin Williams, many of whom take their own lives or become involved in activities that lead to their untimely death.

I'm glad I'm a miserable old c*nt.

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant

Dear me, you don't understand a film so you get all pompous. It was a clever variation on a very old theme but, I suppose, scarcely a film for blokey blokes.

It was noticeable how relatively few parts Robin Williams had in recent years, whether that was his doing or the crass Hollywood studio executives' I wouldn't like to say. It's difficult to see him succeeding in the current SFX, violent thud and blunder environment and he was typecast in a very narrow comedic persona. And look at 'comedy'! Russell Brand? Jonathan Woss? Oh dear! But RW would have made a bloody good Thorin, say, in 'The Hobbit', a part with something to get yer teeth into.

I knew Dave Rappaport ('Time Bandits'), who shot himself, and I once went to Christmas Dinner at his house in Somerset. Depression is a vile affliction which is made worse by studio executives first taking someone up as flavour of the month and then dropping them, not returning calls, etc.

Goodbye Robin! Don't turn up at the Pearly gates pretending to be a Scottish nanny or you'll wait a long time, as they're not going to make porridge for one...

Dear me, you don't understand a film so you get all pompous. It was a clever variation on a very old theme but, I suppose, scarcely a film for blokey blokes.

It was noticeable how relatively few parts Robin Williams had in recent years, whether that was his doing or the crass Hollywood studio executives' I wouldn't like to say. It's difficult to see him succeeding in the current SFX, violent thud and blunder environment and he was typecast in a very narrow comedic persona. And look at 'comedy'! Russell Brand? Jonathan Woss? Oh dear! But RW would have made a bloody good Thorin, say, in 'The Hobbit', a part with something to get yer teeth into.

I knew Dave Rappaport ('Time Bandits'), who shot himself, and I once went to Christmas Dinner at his house in Somerset. Depression is a vile affliction which is made worse by studio executives first taking someone up as flavour of the month and then dropping them, not returning calls, etc.

Goodbye Robin! Don't turn up at the Pearly gates pretending to be a Scottish nanny or you'll wait a long time, as they're not going to make porridge for one...

Er, no. It was just complete dross.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

It was noticeable how relatively few parts Robin Williams had in recent years, whether that was his doing or the crass Hollywood studio executives' I wouldn't like to say.

IMDB says he's not done too bad, on a par with his earlier years. He has 4 films waiting for release this year.