• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New RAFFT regime?

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Search intranet and no sign of any new DINs etc :(

Spoke with a civvy mate who works as admin for the Stn gym who said they had heard the same as applecruncher, but nothing official.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
But what is? Back to 1 yearly testing, 2 for light blue and/or random fit testing as per CDT?

It would be nice to see something in b&w.

Turbine

LAC
Several guys who have done their fitness tests in the past week have been told by the PTI taking the test that as of June 16 its back to 1 year for Green. No mention of "random tests" has been made. If the mirror techs are telling people its either got some truth or is a blooming good wind up job

Still want to see it in Black and White before I truly believe it...

Turbine

LAC
Whilst I could see the possibility of going back to once a year testing, dropping the levels is whole different thing...smacks of wish listing

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I don't understand much of what's being said on this thread. Would I be in the right ball-park if I was to assume that these changes will mean that people will revert to the old days where the sticky-bun, pigs-bar and messes are overflowing and apart from a couple of mirror-techs shining their pecs, the gym will be akin to a ghost-town?

I don't understand much of what's being said on this thread. Would I be in the right ball-park if I was to assume that these changes will mean that people will revert to the old days where the sticky-bun, pigs-bar and messes are overflowing and apart from a couple of mirror-techs shining their pecs, the gym will be akin to a ghost-town?

Wednesday afternoon Egyptian PT, Beercalls and early stacks, all the fun stuff!! ::p:

Last edited:

Kenbophaw

LAC
IBN released yesterday confirming - 1 year for Green; 2 years for blue wef 01 June. Those who have passed within the last 6 months will have their JPA updated accordingly.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
IBN released yesterday confirming - 1 year for Green; 2 years for blue wef 01 June. Those who have passed within the last 6 months will have their JPA updated accordingly.

Aside from the reduction in hassle of doing a test 6 monthly and I don't believe that your welfare was foremost in the minds of the instigators why has this happened? Are PTI's numbers going to be reduced? Where they so overworked that their quota of AT with the prettiest WRAFs on station was reaching critically low levels?

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
So that's another 22 months until my next test then. Good news... Except pre deployment, spot checks and every other reason I've had to do it every six months even though I've always been light blue will mean that I will no doubt do it before Xmas.

This message was sent using my thumb.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
So that's another 22 months until my next test then. Good news... Except pre deployment, spot checks and every other reason I've had to do it every six months even though I've always been light blue will mean that I will no doubt do it before Xmas.

This message was sent using my thumb.

I think we have to do it every year for CO's competency cert. No competency cert, no Bounty.
That's a lot of cash.