• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NEM Roadshow

Realist78

Master of my destiny
The current offer is affordable. It's simply that they don't want to. Instead of looking at cuts like these (which, in the bigger scheme of things) that cost peanuts, they should look at where they are p1ssing serious amounts of dough up the wall. QUANGOs spring to mind, well over £100Bn a year, having a proper bonfire of these 'committees', as promised, would have the country into budgetary surplus in short order.

Puma

SAC
I always thought that the MOD being a government department meant we were part of the public sector, may be both I and the dictionary have got that wrong!! You obviously don't enjoy being a part of the military so why not leave?? http://www.privacysense.net/difference-between-private-public-sector/

Thanks for the definition, but it does not change the facts. The RAF cannot be compared to most public sector jobs.
Do you think we do not deserve these perks? Do you think we should all be made to settle down for our whole career in an area we are posted to whether we like it or not and forced to move only for service reasons? And there are always service reasons. Do you think we are paid to much? Because despite the wage restructure I am fairly certain we will not get an increase.

Whether I personally enjoy being in the military is irrelevant, this is a money saving exercise being carried out at the expense of RAF personnel.

I personally would like them to look at the procurement, I think there are bigger savings to be made there, but then again that would mean that certain MOD employee's would lose their backhanders.

Last edited:

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The way the MCMs were explained made sense, and with SFC one with 12 months notice and selection akin to a normal redundancy board seemed sensible (better than 3 months notice or less in civvy street).

Can you pad out the MCM bit? I've not been able to get to a brief.....