• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need any kit from Cottesmore?

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I haven't seen that up there, it must have moved on.

Mind you, VAHS no longer exists!!

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
There is a semi scale Hurricane mock up sitting up at VASS. It was vandlised by someone, but the frame is still in repairable condition when I last saw it 3 years ago. If it is still there and somebody wants to repair it... It would be nice to think its not going to end up in a skip.

View attachment 10316

It did once look like this..

Seeing I helped built it, I can find a good home for it and the camp in question even stocks the right coloured paint!!!

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Would you mind having a look mate? Most of the fabric has removed so its just the frame. I'm sure MJ would see about getting it to a good home if it still exists.

Might be able to next week. But seeing as VAHS left that building last year and its had 2 custodians since I very much doubt it's there.

I'll ask the ex VAHS guys next week.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just to clarify, the biggest bulk of kit includes lockers, chairs, desks, office furniture etc. Perhaps workbenches and racking?

There will be a smaller amount of more costly items (42" plasma anyone??!!).

But to reiterate, it must be for service use.

The list will become available soon on the Cottesmore Intranet under the Drawdown section.

Please inform us of when the list is available...

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
I saw the cockpit and frame of the semi scale up VASS last year, the lads had it out in the back garage. I'll make contact with a couple of the lads that were there last and find out what happened to it.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
It is available now from the Cottesmore homepage under 'Drawdown Information' then 'Drawdown Surplus Assets'

Not that there's anything of much use on there at the moment.

HTH

Thanks, I didn't realise it was already up. I've been otherwise employed this week and haven't checked.

The list is a living document, it will change from one week to the next. I'd advise you keep checking it if you're after kit.

Don't forget, if you have any questions about what is or isn't on the list, you can always give Cottesmore Logs Sqn a call. Just bear in mind that they're busy.

Pass it around though, let other stations know about it.

Is there anyone on the goat who is a member of Rumration, Arrse etc? Could they post a thread there linking them to this one? The bigger the coverage the better.

The kit is already bought and paid for, it would be a shame to see it get disposed of.

shettie

Flight Sergeant
Is there anyone on the goat who is a member of Rumration, Arrse etc? Could they post a thread there linking them to this one? The bigger the coverage the better.

The kit is already bought and paid for, it would be a shame to see it get disposed of.

Done - hope it gets some customers

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
grunts want to know if theres any Mess Cutlery :) Troughs and the like :) - can they access the station intranet from the army side?

There might well be as the messes gradually draw down to one. Their best bet is to call OC CMT and proffer their interest.

I'm not sure if they can access the Cott intranet come to think of it. I can't think of a place where tri-service could all have access.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
There might well be as the messes gradually draw down to one. Their best bet is to call OC CMT and proffer their interest.

I'm not sure if they can access the Cott intranet come to think of it. I can't think of a place where tri-service could all have access.

They just go to the cottesmore intranet page same as you would on raf intranet. www.cottesmore.r.mil.uk will work on all tri service computers.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Coming to think of it, my old blue three piece that was dumped in VASS (2001) has finally made it to the skip as well! Only taken ten years!
Barney was such a pikey!

raflad67

Corporal
All the audio visual kit eg projectors/classroom set ups are available for relocation as and when the closure plot is confirmed. So if you are at a unit that wants/needs some kit, speak to TDF at Cottesmore or better still email OC TDF with a wish list as I know they will be looking for homes for as much as they can get rather than send it for disposal.