• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need any kit from Cottesmore?

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
With the drawdown of Cottesmore there is a rather large amount of kit up for grabs, some of it standard stuff like lockers etc and other kit being non public property (ie bought stuff from various funds).

The good news is that other stations can have it, if it is for the station (not personal use). One stipulation is that you will have to pick it up yourself.

There is work in progress to list the items and publish them on the drawdown pages of the Cottesmore intranet.

Better that we find a home for it rather than pass it to the DSA who will more than likely scrap most of it.

Keep your eyes out on the Cottesmore intranet, if I can find out when the list is public I'll let you know.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
With the drawdown of Cottesmore there is a rather large amount of kit up for grabs, some of it standard stuff like lockers etc and other kit being non public property (ie bought stuff from various funds).

The good news is that other stations can have it, if it is for the station (not personal use). One stipulation is that you will have to pick it up yourself.

There is work in progress to list the items and publish them on the drawdown pages of the Cottesmore intranet.

Better that we find a home for it rather than pass it to the DSA who will more than likely scrap most of it.

Keep your eyes out on the Cottesmore intranet, if I can find out when the list is public I'll let you know.

Have you got any tea bar items, i.e pictures, flags, trinkets? Our boss is trying to create a "montage to closed stations" in the bar.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Have you got any tea bar items, i.e pictures, flags, trinkets? Our boss is trying to create a "montage to closed stations" in the bar.

The best thing to do is call the Sqn's and ask direct if they want to give some of it up. I believe there may be someone sat in a "heritage/museum" post. I'll find out for you.

shettie

Flight Sergeant
"Have you got any tea bar items, i.e pictures, flags, trinkets? Our boss is trying to create a "montage to closed stations" in the bar. "

I know that on at least one of the leaping heap Sqns - all that sort of stuff has gone to the Air Historical Branch... for when the Sqn is resurrected... if ever... (Even the door signs have been taken down...)

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Some other ideas worth looking at are clubs.

Do any of your clubs need kit? There may be clubs at Cott looking to get rid of theirs.

shettie

Flight Sergeant
Some other ideas worth looking at are clubs.

Do any of your clubs need kit? There may be clubs at Cott looking to get rid of theirs.

The Golf Course will be remaining open until December - so if any other stations have courses - may be a good idea to get your oar in to get the mowers etc...

As one of those who put the graft in when the Rugby Club above the JRM was developed in the Mid Nineties, I would love a look around to see what is what. The Wales shirt presented to Diana Princess of Wales that was above the bar should find a good home or be slapped on Ebay for charity.

9 Happy years on TTTE so I am sad to see it go. I just hope it all goes to enrich others.

Jimps

Last edited:

UlsterExile

Sergeant
As one of those who put the graft in when the Rugby Club above the JRM was developed in the Mid Nineties, I would love a look around to see what is what. The Wales shirt presented to Diana Princess of Wales that was above the bar should find a good home or be slapped on Ebay for charity.

9 Happy years on TTTE so I am sad to see it go. I just hope it all goes to enrich others.

Jimps

I raided the old club above the JRM in 05/06 to move the stuff to the new rugby club(Sports & Social) didn't see that floating around. The only shirts that were in cases were from "Barrel's" days as a player for CS.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Just to clarify, the biggest bulk of kit includes lockers, chairs, desks, office furniture etc. Perhaps workbenches and racking?

There will be a smaller amount of more costly items (42" plasma anyone??!!).

But to reiterate, it must be for service use.

The list will become available soon on the Cottesmore Intranet under the Drawdown section.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
There is a semi scale Hurricane mock up sitting up at VASS. It was vandlised by someone, but the frame is still in repairable condition when I last saw it 3 years ago. If it is still there and somebody wants to repair it... It would be nice to think its not going to end up in a skip.

hurri.jpg

It did once look like this..

fatal

Corporal

Jimps

Cracking club that was had my final leaving do there, remember fondly the traffic lights above the bar until Jimps and several others made the three leavers dress in hessian bikinis and then painted us with food coloring - whenever our light was on we supped - oh what a night