• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My 30th Anniversary...

I know it may be a bit a little late but it was my 30th Anniversary on joining up on 28th August, are there any other goaters out there who arrived at RAF Swinderby on 28th August 1979?

ETE

W

widnose lad

Hello chap, just had my 30th as well; had to buy cakes for the office. A regular Goating friend of mine 'who eat all the cakes' mentioned your post so I am back on the Goat after a very long break.

My attestation was on 28th Aug 79 at St Helens CIO, not sure if I travelled to Swinders that day or the following day. I have attached a document and a picture. Hope it has worked; I am not a PC friendly person.

Sorry picture will not upload (To big). The photograph has No9 Flt, E-Long writen on it.

Anyway congratulations on reaching 30 not out, I have often woundered how many of our time are still in. I only know of one other from my entry; he was spotted by another friend of mine; he pointed him out on the picture (I cannot upload) little did I know that he has recently worked at the Station I am at, all those years have added luster to our apperance and we never spotted each other.

Attachments

• joining doc.doc
    142 KB · Views: 0

Penguins Suck

Snap yous spine
1000+ Posts
riigt yous two listen in if yous have bean in the RaF four 30 yeras yous must be rite boring cnuts and dinosaws mine yous i expect yous will be dead soon becos yous are sew olds

You are correct WL, I also joined on the 28th and went to Swinderby on the 29th.

If I can recall l think l was on 7 Flight and was accomodated in the single storey building near the NAAFI.

PS - Not old just getting a big pension.

ETE

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Well done Sprogs
(- but I'm not 'in' anymore!)

Rigga

B

Bucc Boy

You are correct WL, I also joined on the 28th and went to Swinderby on the 29th.

If I can recall l think l was on 7 Flight and was accomodated in the single storey building near the NAAFI.

ETE

I think we can safely assume, 'you recall correctly'. Personal experience has proven that you never forget a thing!!

Happy Anniversary L1011.

W

widnose lad

riigt yous two listen in if yous have bean in the RaF four 30 yeras yous must be rite boring cnuts and dinosaws mine yous i expect yous will be dead soon becos yous are sew olds

Dear irritant, at least we made it; you probably will not. Anyway just off to fluff my pillow, sorry wallet. What’s that darling! Yes I will have another bunch of grapes whilst sitting on my chase long.

Rule No1. Never let the Bas**rds grind you down.

Nuff said.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Dear irritant, at least we made it; you probably will not. Anyway just off to fluff my pillow, sorry wallet. What’s that darling! Yes I will have another bunch of grapes whilst sitting on my chase long.

Rule No1. Never let the Bas**rds grind you down.

Nuff said.

Off TopicDo you mean Chaise Longue?:pDT_Xtremez_34:

W

widnose lad

ETE

Me thinks I was about the 3 hut along from the NAAFI. Mind you, I was not allowed near the Bar I was only 16 years 8 months old at the time, 'Wipes a tear from his eye'

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Hello chap, just had my 30th as well; had to buy cakes for the office. A regular Goating friend of mine 'who eat all the cakes' mentioned your post so I am back on the Goat after a very long break.

My attestation was on 28th Aug 79 at St Helens CIO, not sure if I travelled to Swinders that day or the following day. I have attached a document and a picture. Hope it has worked; I am not a PC friendly person.

Sorry picture will not upload (To big). The photograph has No9 Flt, E-Long writen on it.

Anyway congratulations on reaching 30 not out, I have often woundered how many of our time are still in. I only know of one other from my entry; he was spotted by another friend of mine; he pointed him out on the picture (I cannot upload) little did I know that he has recently worked at the Station I am at, all those years have added luster to our apperance and we never spotted each other.

Ate all the cakes! How very dare you. I'll see you behind the hangar with matching winding handles!