• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Motoring Tips and Tricks

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
Always carry a spare drivers side wiper blade in your car for emergencies. My car uses a 21" blade and it decided it was bored with life, it went from fine to about 4" of useable blade in about 3mins. the use able bits were at either end! and it was ****ing it down. very scary, 10 mins of terror till halfords loomed in the distance

FootTapper

Sergeant
Always carry a set of jump leads. And an AA card!

My top tip - DON'T become known as the guy in the section who "knows about cars"

Or you end up with the boot of you car filled with toolbag, jumpstart box, rigid tow rod, tie downs, trailer board, trolley jack, wheel braces, socket set AND getting phoned at two in the morning because one of the lads has broken down..... ;)

B

blowmysepticzube

My top tip - DON'T become known as the guy in the section who "knows about cars"

Or you end up with the boot of you car filled with toolbag, jumpstart box, rigid tow rod, tie downs, trailer board, trolley jack, wheel braces, socket set AND getting phoned at two in the morning because one of the lads has broken down..... ;)

Been there seen it done it know exactly what ya mean!!

As most of the non rover tips seem to focus on wipers and screens heres a couple of nuggets from my book,

to stop wipers squeaking on a temporary basis, rub with washing up liquid.
keep baby wipes in the car-nothing better out there for getting rid of grease and road gunk from tour screen!(trust me, them ****e wipes ya buy in packets are nowhere near as good!)