• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

medal ribbons

Status
Not open for further replies.

worthers

LAC
Hi i have noticed for a while regular users are putting their medal ribbons next to their avatars. How is this done? Do you have to be a subscriber or can registered members do it?

Y

Yossarian

Yes Worthers. It's just like our resident civvy Mad Mo says!

He's never earned a medal in his life, yet on egoat he earns 4 or so for donating and subscribing the old casharoonie!

Donate or subscribe as you see fit mate. It matters not a hoot what medals you actually have. Bit of a bone of contention for me.

(Even though I'm actually mates with MM).

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
The medals are for your post count as MM says and have nowt to do with donating or subscribing. Once you get over 100 or so posts you start to accumulate ribbons and I think its over a 1000 and you get your veteran up. Its just a daft thing and has no relation to what medals you actually have in reality (as Yos says).

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
Even "Grumpy Sumpy" could earn a few!:pDT_Xtremez_19: 9years done, J/T not a gong to his name!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_09: an absolute disgrace:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Is there any plans to maybe change it so people can actually show what they have been awarded instead of number of posts?! Though I suppose there are alot of folks out there who would make themselves look the dogs when infact they havent earned a sausage!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Is there any plans to maybe change it so people can actually show what they have been awarded instead of number of posts?! Though I suppose there are alot of folks out there who would make themselves look the dogs when infact they havent earned a sausage!

The medal ribbons symbols on the goat are simply a measure of post count and the more you post the more you get. If I read you right you are asking for your actual medals awarded for service to the crown to be annotated. I can see this being a logistical nightmare for the admins (Stand to be corrected)and very difficult to correctly quantify i.e. are they real or walt medals. Other forums use different symbols rear party use wine glasses for example and there are others around the net. The goat uses medals as a visual representation of post count it has nothing to do with how many dets you have done or how nails you are. Hope this helps

Last edited:

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It

If you want to tell everybody what medals you have, carry on. It's normally the walts who want to brag about stuff they haven't done.

TB's reply is spot on, it would be too difficult to maintain & no way of proving who has actually been awarded what.

G

gemarriott

It would have been nice to show off My VC and 2 bars though:pDT_Xtremez_42:

P

pie sandwich

It would have been nice to show off My VC and 2 bars though:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Is that all Gem, I have 3 VCs and 6 bars each, MM, DFC, DSO, DFS, GC, and a Dickens medal and a written offer of a sh4g from the queen :pDT_Xtremez_30:

T

The Masked Geek

Pffp, is that all? I got a chocolate coin from my Gran once.

Status
Not open for further replies.