• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mechs and Armourers become one

It's been officially announced now from EPAT.

A Tech M and Eng Tech W will amalgamate in the next couple of years.

Interesting times...

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Weird. I always thought it was going to be Avionics absorbing the Bomb heads. The WAFU's operate like that and it just makes more sense given the amount of EW kit in the average smart weapon these days.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The speshul children absorbed into the techie world. Who's the ancillaries now ??

UlsterExile

Sergeant
What is EPAT?

Engineering Professions Advisors Team - I think, as we have the LPAT, Logistics Professions Advisors Team

Trade Sponsor went to Trade Advisor and now its Profession Advisor (PA). Re-inventing the wheel again. Its to align with civvie street and make it more attractable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Does this mean that aircraft mechanics will now have to drive around all day looking for other aircraft mechanics?

Never understood why you wackos didn't anyway.

Now, how wants to see my ISO full of tabs and illicit beer?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
And at least the Mechs will get a "special thanks" at the end of a heavy weapons det now.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
For those amongst us who are long standing goat members it would be very interesting if through the mystical workings of St. Barbara we could hear good old GEM's thoughts on, what he always described as, the ancillaries joining the plumbers. The GOAT profanity filter would probably get a damn good work out.

For newer members Gem Marriot was one of the originals, a top bloke and an extremly staunch advocate of the plumber trade who regarded everyone who wasn't as a mere ancillary.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Post amalgamation, who will run the bomb dumps, munitions stores, armouries etc?

Will it be:

a: Army
b: Army
c: Army

Or possibly d: Army

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm told this is going to be staffed by logistics profession. Good old stackers to the rescue lol

How's that going to work? You know how difficult it is to get a pair of socks at the best of times, let alone a couple of Paveway....and if you do get that far, you probably can't have them anyway because someone else might need them.

Av and squipers too apparently!
Yep this is the other potential big amalgamation.

However this one hasn't been officially announced yet. Not sure if it even will to be honest. I am aware of a few squipper courses having completed FLO at Cosford and it appears to have gone okay so watch out for squipper lineys lol