• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

McCloud date 1 October

Captain Kirk

Corporal
So, it’s set in stone that the remedy will be in on 1 October, and worst case the last person must be complete by 18 months later.
The legislation is going through Parliament right now, but does anyone have sight of the schedule? When that last part gets voted on?
Obviously it will then need dotting and crossing in MB before the solution rolls out, but that’s MOD business, once the law is changed.
Nothing any of us can do, but it will be interesting to see it finalising.

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
FPS HQ confirm that the calculator is for serving personnel only. Those who have recently left the Services will have done so on their current pension terms and will need to wait for their Remediable Service Statement to detail their election choices.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
FPS HQ confirm that the calculator is for serving personnel only. Those who have recently left the Services will have done so on their current pension terms and will need to wait for their Remediable Service Statement to detail their election choices.

Which will be when?

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Does this include those on FTRS contracts and reservists?

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I had to check out the position.

Our understanding is that the calculator can be used for FTRS however, it can only be used for the pension that isn’t in payment (i.e. that is the pension which is currently being accrued). The calculator can’t do calculations for pensions that are already in payment, (including where abated). It can do breaks in service for Regular service, but we don’t think it can be applied for breaks in FTRS, as they are based on separate contracts. We understand that the enhanced calculator will be launched on 1 August and will be accompanied with a User Guide.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I had to check out the position.

Our understanding is that the calculator can be used for FTRS however, it can only be used for the pension that isn’t in payment (i.e. that is the pension which is currently being accrued). The calculator can’t do calculations for pensions that are already in payment, (including where abated). It can do breaks in service for Regular service, but we don’t think it can be applied for breaks in FTRS, as they are based on separate contracts. We understand that the enhanced calculator will be launched on 1 August and will be accompanied with a User Guide.
Thanks, been FTRS since leaving with my 75 pension and now accruing FTRS pension.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It really irks me that I have to keep waiting to see the difference in remedy or not. I just want to know what the financials look like so I can plan my future. Up to Mid 2025 for a remedy is pretty sh1t frankly. It is what it is I suppose....

ERT

Corporal
Well, i hope the calculator is correct for the Pay Increases also. Is trade pay also factored in?

Trade Group 1, Supp 3 (Mech), Level 6 Chief Tech with Trade Pay is £53,600 roughly. You'd have to put a WO in to achieve them AFPS 75 values..

4everAD

Sergeant
Well, i hope the calculator is correct for the Pay Increases also. Is trade pay also factored in?

Trade Group 1, Supp 3 (Mech), Level 6 Chief Tech with Trade Pay is £53,600 roughly. You'd have to put a WO in to achieve them AFPS 75 values..
Wasn't the trade or Tech pay non-pensionable?

Reactions: ERT

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
I have checked with FPS HQ and they are pretty sure that most “Trade Pay” was replaced in the 2016 pay reform by supplement categorisation. These supplements are of course pensionable under AFPS05 and AFPS15.

Since then, we have seen specific elements of trade-related payments reintroduced for certain cohorts but these awards were essentially characteristic of Recruitment and Retention Pay (RRP) or other Financial Retention Incentives (FRI). RRP and FRIs are non—pensionable.

4everAD

Sergeant
Vauchall I could be wrong but I think ERT might be referring to the DERR trade pay given to the Engineering trade groups (TGs 1 and 4 with the most personnel). The IBN released in 2020 specifically said this tech/trade pay was non-pensionable.

Last edited:
Reactions: ERT

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
Thanks for that 4everAD. It sounds as if it falls into the Recruitment and Retention category.