• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

May be of interest to those working at the noisy end ...

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Probably something to do with this?

I've got my own claim going through my solicitors as I suffer quite badly from Tinnitus. I also tried to get some decent headsets (with throat mic) sorted for the guys on F35 when I managed the Flight Line. Some bellend in the LDT who didn't know the jet, didn't know the science I was talking about, and couldn't be arsed so just fobbed me off.

Top tip, do not go through the AFCS as it's geared against you i.e., next to **** all sympathy and staffed by dinosaurs. Not only that if they have already looked at your case there is nothing an independent solicitor can do.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Probably something to do with this?

I've got my own claim going through my solicitors as I suffer quite badly from Tinnitus. I also tried to get some decent headsets (with throat mic) sorted for the guys on F35 when I managed the Flight Line. Some bellend in the LDT who didn't know the jet, didn't know the science I was talking about, and couldn't be arsed so just fobbed me off.

Top tip, do not go through the AFCS as it's geared against you i.e., next to **** all sympathy and staffed by dinosaurs. Not only that if they have already looked at your case there is nothing an independent solicitor can do.

Did you have a diagnosis of tinnitus when you left?

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Did you have a diagnosis of tinnitus when you left?
Was going through diagnostics so I had an MRI to make sure nothing was growing that shouldn't be, that turned out to be clear. IIRC it was put down as work related hearing loss, especially as my previous hearing tests were showing as tracking against age related hearing loss, right up until I started work on the F35 which is when it dipped right off.

Started the process within the 2 years (Covid slowed things down) of going to the docs about it, the MOD have admitted they are at fault so just waiting on them to give my solicitors the requested documents. I suspect they'll take that to the wire in the hope I die before they have to pay.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Was going through diagnostics so I had an MRI to make sure nothing was growing that shouldn't be, that turned out to be clear. IIRC it was put down as work related hearing loss, especially as my previous hearing tests were showing as tracking against age related hearing loss, right up until I started work on the F35 which is when it dipped right off.

Started the process within the 2 years (Covid slowed things down) of going to the docs about it (including the solicitors own independent), the MOD have admitted they are at fault so just waiting on them to give my solicitors the requested documents. I suspect they'll take that to the wire in the hope I die before they have to pay.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts

Started the process within the 2 years (Covid slowed things down) of going to the docs about it, the MOD have admitted they are at fault so just waiting on them to give my solicitors the requested documents. I suspect they'll take that to the wire in the hope I die before they have to pay.

I'm in the middle of a claim. My solicitors have told me it is taking the MOD about 18 months from the initial request to release the claimants' medical and service history documents.

I requested my service and medical documents from Cranwell about 10 years ago and funnily enough the medical records were unavailable.

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
I fairly recently got all my docs held by the RAF including medical notes. Med centres even kept documents such as hasteners for hearing tests to prove they chased me along to get them done.

A very, very different set of medical notes to the ones provided when I left.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
If you want some help with hearing DONT go to any RAF charity - theyre shit. Go to the Roayal British Legion . My hearing aids from them were free to me but cost 2.5k including 4 years insurance.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I fairly recently got all my docs held by the RAF including medical notes. Med centres even kept documents such as hasteners for hearing tests to prove they chased me along to get them done.

A very, very different set of medical notes to the ones provided when I left.

How did you do this?