• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Looks that only a mother could love.......

TACAN

Corporal
The tangled, red metal tower that has come to dominate the skyline around the Olympic site was finally unveiled today. Costing £22m it's definitely a Marmite job........

In case you were wondering, it's called the "ArcmellorMittal Orbit"

What a total waste of money.

Attachments

• o-ORBIT-570.jpg
    o-ORBIT-570.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 0

kawoloki

Sergeant
Have to agree, looks awful. I'm sure it looked good on the drawing board but at 22M is a complete joke!

firestorm

Warrant Officer
I love the descriptions.
"It looks like the Eifel Tower after a nuclear explosion."
"Have 2 construction cranes collided?":pDT_Xtremez_31:

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
"Have 2 constrution cranes collided?":pDT_Xtremez_31:

Exactly. A firm has been prosecuted for a crane crash in Liverpool and the picture looks like 1/2 of the monstrosity on display there.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
And it's useful function is?

what a piece of pretenious, utter money wasting, arty f@rty, sh1te,

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Its simply another Boris Johnson vanity project, the guy is a dick.
Add it to his cable car, routemaster bus and floating airport.:pDT_Xtremez_16:

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
69785_156_preview.jpg

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Can’t help but think the whole thing is waste of tax payers’ cash! The games should be permanently based in Greece with each competing country paying a fee if they want to enter, cheaper all round and nothing taken away from the experience.

TACAN

Corporal
Statement by Boris the kn0b...

Boris Johnson said: ‘Long after the Games are over, our aim is to have a stunning spectacle in east London that will be recognised around the world.’

No sh1t Sherlock !

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
But what does it DO ?

At least the Post Office Tower did things with phone lines and it had a revolving Cafe thing.