• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

London & 'Exotic' Restaurants

LilStill

Sergeant
Hi all, I have friends coming from the US for a 16th birthday and want to organise dinner. The family had originally booked something Moroccan in Watford but that's fallen through. Seizing the opportunity not to have to travel to the ****hole that is Watford, I've offered to try and arrange something 'exotic' in London itself. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
What kind of budget pp are you operating under?

Kryten

Warrant Officer
If you want something completely different, try here - some blokes at work said it was a really good eating experience, but a tadge pricey.....

Last edited:

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I'm disappointed, I thought you were after a strip club that sold crisps.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
What you need is a Burlesque Supper Club... Like this place: The Wam Bam Club

The compere there is a mate of mine from Brize in the early 90's.... Good nosh apparently and you get to eat it whilst watching a burd waving her jubblies about. Ticks all the boxes I say. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

LilStill

Sergeant
They decided on Maroush, posted above, while I was out anyway -so with a double reccomendation here's hoping that'll be OK. Thanks for suggestions all.

p.s. Strip club with crisps, yeah, I'm from Glasgow that's not a novel idea :p

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
To Wongs don't make a wight mate :pDT_Xtremez_31:

I'll get me coat..........................................................

Ha-ha!!! Try saying that in Wong Kei's and the headlines might go something along the lines of 'Man found in Soho with chopsticks shoved up bottom.' :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
If you can get to it, Brick Lane is fantastic with a wide range of international cuisines (mainly Indian though there are others). The only thing is it is a nightmare to get to but it is worth perservering. I absolutely love it along there and has been a choice for taking mates who've never been to London and want something different from Leicester Square/Piccadilly Circus/Soho/Covent Garden that everyone seems to concentrate on.

iainrm

Corporal
get some culture as well

get some culture as well

Agree with all the ethnic options but all the big museums have decent restaurants in interesting venues.
Time Out will also have reviews of the current "in place"
Afternoon tea in a top hotel is another experience.

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Not exactly exotic, but I was in Jamie Oliver's new chain "Union Jacks" in Convent Garden the other day.

Food was good, wasn't overpriced and great location for before and after meal.