• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

London bus drivers

Vagabond

Sergeant
No worries Monty, and I'll have you know I'm a bar owner not a barman thank you very much. :pDT_Xtremez_31:

My aplologies Firestorm.

Realist, I haven't got a jealous bone in my body mate and would rather see a working man getting a few extra quid any day in the week. My real problem lies with the Olympic bid in general and the enormity of the cost of it in the current economic climate. It also 'appears' to me that everyone seems to want a piece of the action from the ridiculous management jobs at the top to the train, bus drivers ect. All of it being financed by the public purse and more and more money just seems to be getting pumped into it.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Vagabond.
Apology accepted. I had a pop at you because you had a pop at me, childish I know but there you go.
I'm sure you work very hard and pay your taxes, as do I. As you'd expect I'll defend my position and profession all day, as you would. I was out of order with my comments and hope you would also accept my apologies?
I understand your concerns about the Olympics but they are happening and I want to play my part in ensuring that they are as safe as possible for all concerned.
I see it as a way of trying to catch up on the money I am losing with pay freezes and pension increases, which have cost me and my family a small fortune. Post Olympics we're having up to 25% of our budget cut so can you blame me for making hay while the sun shines?

Last edited:

Johned

SAC
London bus drivers

I have to admit I was praying for France to get the Olympics and not this country. I was sickened by Seb Coe and his cohorts all jumping about with euphoria, going berserk with ectstacy when in the present economic climate, it is the last thing this country needs. It seems to have been the final nail in the coffin for Greece after the last show and I hope it is not so for us! The money being spent is mind boggling and I would rather have seen some of it used to retain a few good ships and aircraft instead. I also find it demeaning that servicemen should be used as security staff/ushers/stewards etc as some kind of cheap alternative to civ contracting staff.
Rant over and doubtless I am in a sceptic minority lol!