• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Login errors

KingGuin

Sergeant
MODs pse move if in inappropriate forum.

Increasingly at my 1st attempt to log in I've been met with:

"Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!"

I'm not so challenged that I repeatedly mis-type my login details, any idea what's occuring?

Cheers

Webbo

Sergeant

"Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!"

I'm not so challenged that I repeatedly mis-type my login details, any idea what's occuring?

Cheers

Happened to me in work last week, easy to log-on using home computer or iPhone, but IGS in work had the same message as the Op. Could log-in after the 15 mins. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

M

monobrow

It only ever happens from an IGS account in my experience, but may have something to do with the fact that most IGS users share an IP address to get to the internet which would have been logged by the goat server. Therefore through no fault of your own it looks like you've failed to login too many times, however user 1 may have ballsed it up twice, user 2 may have once and user 3 twice all from the same IP address. The goat picks up on the 5 fails and then locks that IP as a security measure locking out quite a few IGS members for a little while.

Or to cut it short.... Sometimes it happens, but it's an oddity of IGS.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
It only ever happens from an IGS account in my experience, but may have something to do with the fact that most IGS users share an IP address to get to the internet which would have been logged by the goat server. Therefore through no fault of your own it looks like you've failed to login too many times, however user 1 may have ballsed it up twice, user 2 may have once and user 3 twice all from the same IP address. The goat picks up on the 5 fails and then locks that IP as a security measure locking out quite a few IGS members for a little while.

Yeah what the geek said!... It does happen but you can log on eventually. Just give it 2 or 3 mins and try again. Works for me.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
The goat picks up on the 5 fails and then locks that IP as a security measure locking out quite a few IGS members for a little while.

I have never had that problem through IGS but as Mono said, it might be a shared machine issue

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts

Cheers

Could it be that someone has swapped your 'M' and 'N' keys for a wheeze?!

KimgGuim?:pDT_Xtremez_30:

HTB

KingGuin

Sergeant
Could it be that someone has swapped your 'M' and 'N' keys for a wheeze?!

KimgGuim?:pDT_Xtremez_30:

HTB

LMAO - they wouldn't dare - would they?

Reckon its an IGS thing, logged in 1st time from home. Obviously its a Govt ploy to get me to do a full day's work.