• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
I have noticed that my post count appears to have stuck at 338 yet I have posted about 5 since then in different threads is there a problem or will it catch up later?

Posts in the introductions and playground do not add to your post count.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Tried to log in at lunchtime today (was at work so via ISG) and the caption came up that I had tried to log in using the wrong passsword 5 times and couldn't try again for 15 minutes. Waited and got on okay. At home this evening nice e-mail with an IP address which means nothing to me attached. E-mail said to try again after the 15 minutes and bingo everything is okay. Now I am a no IT wiz trust me bit of a computer biff to be honest so I guess someone tried to get on as me and failed unless the better educated amongst the goat know otherwise. Hope its just a one off.

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Tried to log in at lunchtime today (was at work so via ISG) and the caption came up that I had tried to log in using the wrong passsword 5 times and couldn't try again for 15 minutes. Waited and got on okay. At home this evening nice e-mail with an IP address which means nothing to me attached. E-mail said to try again after the 15 minutes and bingo everything is okay. Now I am a no IT wiz trust me bit of a computer biff to be honest so I guess someone tried to get on as me and failed unless the better educated amongst the goat know otherwise. Hope its just a one off.
TB that is a common problem when IGS gets busy - especially when lots of people are logging on and off the goat from the same camp and particularly when more than one user has been using the same machine. Next time try clearing cookies restarting Internet Explorer and try again

Hu

F

fergo

Having problems logging in on my laptop.
I can post and i come up ont he "Whos Online" Section but at the top of my page i have the paragraph about joing the goat. Cant play in arcade and cant get the buton that shows the posts since i last logged in.
Help would be appreciated

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
If its just your laptop then the problem is your end I'm afraid. Try looking at your security settings and deleting all your cookies and temporary internet files and see how that goes.

F

fergo

If its just your laptop then the problem is your end I'm afraid. Try looking at your security settings and deleting all your cookies and temporary internet files and see how that goes.

yeah thought so. Have done but still no joy. Been playing up since i sorted out for Wifi at other loaction than home.
Bugger!

Thanks for the advice.
Cheers

F

fergo

Problem sorted, matched mt internet setting to a computer the goat was working properly on

mememe

Corporal
Help logging in.

Help logging in.

I would be grateful for any help.
I am finding it v difficult to log in. When I do get in it is v slow between pages, to a virtual stand still. Also get the message that the sever is busy and error 404.
I know it is not my comp as my mate can log in through this one with no probs.
Thanks.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I would be grateful for any help.
I am finding it v difficult to log in. When I do get in it is v slow between pages, to a virtual stand still. Also get the message that the sever is busy and error 404.
I know it is not my comp as my mate can log in through this one with no probs.
Thanks.

Check your internet options and see what your IGS settings are, not a guarantee, but it might help.

I assume it's a works box ! :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
not a work box - he can't log in again to reply.

Could it be a problem wwith his modem drivers ? It might be worth plugging it into another slot and letting windows redetect it (Assuming he has a USB modem and XP or Vista of course) Failing that, tell him to delete the modem in his hardware devices then restart the box from hell !!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Could it be a problem wwith his modem drivers ? It might be worth plugging it into another slot and letting windows redetect it (Assuming he has a USB modem and XP or Vista of course) Failing that, tell him to delete the modem in his hardware devices then restart the box from hell !!

Don't think it'll be that if someone else can use and log on from his machine as per "I know it is not my comp as my mate can log in through this one with no probs."

I have no idea but best of luck !!

Crack on...............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

gray

Sergeant
Get in there and clear down all your cookies and temp internet files, then try again - maybe your profile is all clogged up, and his is cleaner... worth a try anyway.

Gray