• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

local rafp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Sorry to interrupt, but I find it very bizarre that Gibson vc has reared his head after a three year absence and then gives out grief!!!!!!

TW

It's obviously chips Schizophrenic other half who he enjoys a good argument with !!

Crack on....................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It's obviously chips Schizophrenic other half who he enjoys a good argument with !!

Crack on....................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Must be combined with alzheimers then Tashy!!!! Three years to remember is a long time to have forgotten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pDT_Xtremez_19:

TE.

erm

TG

erm

TW

G

Gibson VC

No I cant breathalyse in the UK, but hey civ pol and MOD plod can and if needs be I can arrest for impaired driving. Why do I need fixed penalty fines? They get nicked and they pay the price down the line. PNC? Yes thanks I ring the Ops Desk, but again why would I need to I can use the service database, because as I stated before thats who we deal with servicemen!!

Please dont refer to me as mate your clearly an ar$e with a huge problem towards the RAFP but I wont lower myself to your level because I really dont need to defend myself or my trade to you. As I said I have more than enough powers to deal with servicemen.

Gibson is very brave as he has been asked before what trade he is but chose to ignore that question because its easier to hide that way, you have to love people who think they know other peoples jobs though :)

Chip, couldn't wait until 2011 so here I am again mate!
Glad you agree with a no breathalyser policy and all you have is a SSO offence. But like you said you can always call other police forces in. (But isn't that rather embarrassing ?) So you were nicking loads were you at your last unit.I think most of us know that's BS mate. Air bases are not like inner cities unlike your other posts have tried to make out. Ring your ops desk for PNC access do you? SPCB have a very limited restricted access to PNC unless you want to argue the toss on that. I also noted you didn't rebut my control of entry point.
A Civvy bill chappy would find RAFP a major step down. The trade has one of the worst retention rates and high PVR but then again, you're sacking it aren't you?

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Gibson until you come out from hiding I dont need to defend myself to you. Take care and please dissappear for another 3 years seeing as your only actual contribution to this site is anti RAFP drivel. Your life in the coppers section as a guest may well come to an end :)

Lethal

LAC
No worries Pan, the training these days is 22 weeks long so length and content are similar but Civ Pol have moved more towards on the Job training and thats always going to be a lot better.

as a person coming through the new training scheme for COLP and BTP , I can assure you chip it nothing like on the job training you are treated like a student at a university , you have to hand in assignments and essays for each module. My trianing was done at a university. The training is that bad that the majority f trainers have left/resigned as they believe they arent being able to teach what they should be teaching. There were so many issues with trainers not turning up or just simply couldnt be bothered. If anyone was going to leave the military for civ pol I would say go to a home office force.

Lethal

LAC
Ring your ops desk for PNC access do you? SPCB have a very limited restricted access to PNC unless you want to argue the toss on that.......
A Civvy bill chappy would find RAFP a major step down........ The trade has one of the worst retention rates and high PVR .....

to put these into context with my force, I can use a radio for PNC check as when i can ever get on the bloody channel, most of the time I have to use the phone to the PNC desk. Even then they dont give me much information, they say because they cant ,yet when monitoring other forces transmissions the whole life story of the person they are checking comes out.

Some officers may find it a step down, some wont. I personally would be accepting it as a new job and would not be comparing it to any other force, why ?, because it is a military police force. There are different boundaries, different legislation, different protocols. It would never be the same , I find these ,"you are nothing like civ-pol" and "dont have the powers" points a bit lame.

the trade has one of the worst retention rates- so does any police force in the uk particularly mine. hundreds go every year to the local home office forces likewise hundreds per year change from force to force.

I dont know you Gibson and this is not a personal attack , just a view from the other side so to speak

Last edited:

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Nice to know that about the training Lethal thanks. Oh and dont worry about Gibson noone else is :)

G

Gibson VC

to put these into context with my force, I can use a radio for PNC check as when i can ever get on the bloody channel, most of the time I have to use the phone to the PNC desk. Even then they dont give me much information, they say because they cant ,yet when monitoring other forces transmissions the whole life story of the person they are checking comes out.

Get a PNC print out back at the ranch if you want to know all his pre-cons. A quick check is what is needed for warrants, bail cons etc. Free the phone or radio up for someone else.

Some officers may find it a step down, some wont.It would never be the same , I find these ,"you are nothing like civ-pol" and "dont have the powers" points a bit lame. I personally would be accepting it as a new job and would not be comparing it to any other force, why ?, because it is a military police force. There are different boundaries, different legislation, different protocols.

Mate it's certainly different to what you do now. If you stop a drink driver now, you breathalyse him right? In the the RAFP you won't That's the lame bit.

the trade has one of the worst retention rates- so does any police force in the uk particularly mine. hundreds go every year to the local home office forces likewise hundreds per year change from force to force.

Yes plenty transfer from force to force the grass is greener etc. In fact why don't you try another constabulary or not being funny is police work not for you, then go RAFP. No issues, good job, some like it and get some travel in.

At the end of the day it's your choice (unless you are a struggling probationer who is looking to jump rather than waiting for the push). Take chip's advice and visit a local unit. Speak to the troops on the ground and see if it's for you.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
or not being funny is police work not for you, then go RAFP. No issues, good job, some like it and get some travel in.

You truly are not being funny, why dont you grow some balls and provide your credentials?

I have done plenty of police work by the way, I have completed numerous arrests, case files and Interviews. Just because I am not Civ Pol doesnt mean I havent done "Police work" so why dont you stop taking the pi$$ and people might take you a bit more seriously?

The Stig A.D.I.

Corporal
Get a PNC print out back at the ranch if you want to know all his pre-cons. A quick check is what is needed for warrants, bail cons etc. Free the phone or radio up for someone else.

Hmmmm... Not ideal if you're wanting to carry-out a moving vehicle PNC check or a stop-check in the street though, is it? What do you do in those cases, handcuff them to a lamp post while you nip back to 'the ranch' & print off a PNC sheet???

Mate it's certainly different to what you do now. If you stop a drink driver now, you breathalyse him right? In the the RAFP you won't That's the lame bit.

No, he'll just detain him/her until the CivPol or MoDP arrive... So what?

Yes plenty transfer from force to force the grass is greener etc. In fact why don't you try another constabulary or not being funny is police work not for you, then go RAFP. No issues, good job, some like it and get some travel in.

At the end of the day it's your choice (unless you are a struggling probationer who is looking to jump rather than waiting for the push). Take chip's advice and visit a local unit. Speak to the troops on the ground and see if it's for you.

So, what are you then, Gibson VC - a Woodentop, a Detective or PCSO???

Do tell...

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Is a Mod going to take this to Fight Club or lock it as it has long-since passed a Q&A thread.

The RAFP have all the juristiction they need to deal with servicemen.

The CivPol have all the juristiction they need to deal with the population (inc servicemen).

There is endless red tape in both versions which make nicking someone difficult.

End of.

G

Gibson VC

Is a Mod going to take this to Fight Club or lock it as it has long-since passed a Q&A thread.

The RAFP have all the juristiction they need to deal with servicemen.

The CivPol have all the juristiction they need to deal with the population (inc servicemen).

There is endless red tape in both versions which make nicking someone difficult.

End of.

Mutty, get it lock it up, move it or delete it if you wish. However, you certainly haven't read the thread if you think..."The RAFP have all the juristiction they need to deal with servicemen." They can not breathalyse suspected drink drivers.End of.

G

Gibson VC

Hmmmm... Not ideal if you're wanting to carry-out a moving vehicle PNC check or a stop-check in the street though, is it? What do you do in those cases, handcuff them to a lamp post while you nip back to 'the ranch' & print off a PNC sheet???

Mate, you are showing a lack of knowledge of police work with that one. No officer needs a print out on the street. All they need is the operational info to take action on the street. Not whether his first conviction was for shop lifting in woollies.

No, he'll just detain him/her until the CivPol or MoDP arrive... So what?

Forget asking what I do. It's clear the closest you get to policing is when Roadwars is on. You can not "detain". If not arrested he can walk off. Waiting for civpol loses evidence if there is a long wait and he starts to sober up. That's if civpol can attend anyway.They have enough to do nicking their own drink drives. But hey, you know best and so what.

Anyway Chip, try and moderate if you please as some of the posts are upsetting viewers......

G

gemarriott

No need for chipto moderate you c0ck, I'll do it!

Thread closed

Lethal I hope you had the responses you needed before our moron wannabe cop come number 1 The Bill watcher Gibson popped up. If not I'm sure Chip will be more than happy to correspond by PM

Status
Not open for further replies.