• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Line Books - Ridiculous Remarks from years gone by

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
Pilot--- Something loose in tailplane

Tech'--- Something loose in tailplane tightened

Co-pilot--- Dead bugs on windscreen

Tech'--- Live bugs on back order

Pilot---Strange banging noise beneath cockpit floor, sounds like a midget banging on the floor with a hammer.

Tech'--- Hammer taken away from midget

Snork! LOL! Spilt tea on key pad...:applouse:

A bit random, but seen in a line book in Aldergrove:

"I think I'm going bald, I keep finding hair in my fridge".

I still laugh at it now.

Fairynuff31

Corporal
Couple for the Fairies....

I once saw a F731 reporting an IFF system as 'System does not work in OFF mode'

And, on an aged Radar Altimeter fitted to K2 Victors - 'zero needle bent'... Thing was, there was no zero needle. what there was, was a wire that provided an earth to the front of the CRT to cause the wiggly amps to make the 'picture'.

And, and, on the Goldstars, during a long boring det to Goose - the following was written into the F700 of a Flying Flick knife - 'whineing noise heard in back cockpit' - the response was classic - 'Navigator told to man up - whineing stopped'

And another....

And another....

From the factory............ A J/T hearing Soul to Soul singing Keep on Moving on the radio pipes up......'Me and my new girlfriend like sha**ing to this song' .......... and old crusty Cpl counters this with....' 'Doesn't it only last 3 minutes'............ young lad in desperation.........' Er, yeah but she has the 12" version'............. 'That's be 5 minutes then'