• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let's Have it Then...

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So (just for Stevienics) England have yet again backed themselves into a 'must win' corner in a World Cup group stage...

How do we think our 'Heros' will fair?

I'm plumbing for 1-1 based on ability and the temperature sapping English legs by the 70th minute...

Stirling to score.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
1-1 is the best we'll get. Let's get this over with so I can enjoy the rest of the World Cup.

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
I'll go for 2-1 England, not because we're any good, but because Uruguay's defence was pitiful in their 1st game

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
2-1 Uruguay.

Then we can start the soul searching and analysis before setting ourselves up to fail next time. The circle of England repeats itself.

4everAD

Sergeant
3-0 England, temperature not an issue it's "chilly" where they're playing 13-15 degrees apparently.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
They are doing that based on the hugely optimistic assumption that England can beat Costa Rica!

My own team Leeds could give this bunch a run for their bloated money and Leeds are totally sh1t...

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Undone by having a sh1t clueless manager on our side, and a world class striker on the other.

Let the post-mortem begin. Who leads the 'Why do England suck at major tournaments' taskforce this time around?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Uruguay had one decent player with a dodgy knee...tactics wise go figure.

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
Hmm, this I do not like (remember him?) so I've appointed a New Age healer (and him?). For those watching in black and white (Geordies?), XXXX are wearing red and YYYY are wearing blue (and not forgetting Mr C).

[The batsman's Holding; the bowler's Willey]

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I'm not a great football pundit, but it strikes me that as a percentage of the England team are Liverpool players, perhaps Suarez knew how best to exploit their weaknesses.....perhaps this will ignite the debate about too many foreign players in the Premiership having a detrimental effect on our national ability....

G

Gord

Uruguay had one decent player with a dodgy knee...tactics wise go figure.
So WTF does that say for England. I'm disgusted at the way they play, FFS there have got to be better players in England that the bunch of useless wankers they sent to Brazil The only people who actually tried were Sterling and Sturridge. Rooney made that one good cross against Italy then went home. Bunch of overpaid ego's who think the world owes them something. I'm thoroughly disgusted.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
So WTF does that say for England. I'm disgusted at the way they play, FFS there have got to be better players in England that the bunch of useless wankers they sent to Brazil The only people who actually tried were Sterling and Sturridge. Rooney made that one good cross against Italy then went home. Bunch of overpaid ego's who think the world owes them something. I'm thoroughly disgusted.

I'm afraid what we had on show was the best we had. As long as we have foreigners playing in our league it won't get better.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
That free kick that Rooney took (10 mins in ?) and put narrowly wide and over....look at the wall !!! Its badly positioned, they should all have been one player to the left, and its land of the giants in the middle, but the bloke on the end was a 3ft midget. Hasn`t anybody got the nous to give it to Baines, or hasn`t he got the courage to kick Rooney off it ?

First game, we played Welbeck as a stop to their fullbacks getting forward. But he`s up against Chellini who`s a centre back with absolutely no ability apart from kicking people. Why didn`t he get put on the left where their right back had the freedom of the park ?

Pirlo is 5hit. Thank God Costa Rica showed him up for what he is, and yet we managed to make him look brilliant.

Why do we run like fook to the halfway line, to then stop and play it back twenty yards ? If we`re playing possession football lets have a slow amble up field and conserve a bit of energy.

If we`re playing 4-2-3-1, the one cannot be Sturridge. It must be Lambert with his ability to hold the ball and play runners in. Have Sturridge, Sterling and Lallana as fast paced runners joining and going past. And the two cannot be fookers that can`t put their foot in, and that `tackle` from Gerrard isn`t putting your foot in. You can still be hard and legal.

But the most interesting question to emerge, is what are Man U going to do with Rooney ? He`s got a new 5yr contract on £300k a week. Too much to be dropped, nobody will come in and offer anything like that so can`t be sold. (Did anyone see the first set of Nike adverts just before the first game kicked off ? It was very telling...Messi doing a bit, Ronaldo looking cool, and Rooney looking like a blimp. Now if Nike can see it in their promotional stuff, surely Woy should be able to see it ?)

I`ll have a little breather now, there`s plenty more to resolve.

G

Gord

I reckon the Septics have a better f*ckin' team than England can field cos they are willing to get stuck in and do what's necessary to come out on top. They may not have all the finesse the England side thinks it has but I reckon the Yanks would run rings round the f*ckers once they got over the idea that England might actually have some ability.

P!sses me off, we do the same in every sport, we've pretty much introduced every team sport the world has ever known with the possible exception of perhaps teams of gladiators hackin' each other to death yet after a few years, the newcomers to the game always kick our arses.

I think we need a new job, we'll develop the games and the rest of the world can play the f*ckers.

ps By the way, Canada invented basketball and baseball and we have to import yanks to play the f*ckin' game for us. Mind you, we still kick arse in ice hockey, well, most of the time.:biggrin::biggrin:

briggfairy

Sergeant
for my two pennies, I think Rooney sums up the problem we have, he is seen as some as a world class player who must play when fit but lets face it he hasn't really improved since breaking through at everton as a 16yr old. lets face it he can't be the focal attacking point of a team like our strikers of old used to be.

who to replace him with? sturridge is the obvious choice but he's no lone striker and plays best with support, i'd have taken the young lad from spurs who broke through at the end of the season and scored a few, his confidence was sky high, he was in form, he seemed to have a decent touch and is good in the air. all in all a proper centre forward to get on the end of the balls sturridge, llallana, sterling etc can put in.

as for defence glen johnson has never really convinced all he does is run with the ball and either give it away and therefore be out of position or pass it backwards, in which case why run that far with it? and the centre backs need a few more games together to learn each other.

on the plus side i thought barkley looked decent and should start the last game which i think we should use as a changing of the guard and get all the kids in to see how they get on