• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Latest Fitness Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
I stand corrected but to some degree sexual discrimination must be lawfull in the military with women not being able to partake in direct combat roles such as marines/paras/regiment ::p:

It's Nato policy that women cannot serve in frontline roles and we had to bend the interpretation severely to allow women to serve on board ships and as aircrew.

It is argued by some that women would make better infantry than men because they are able to override the compassion that causes a man to attend to his wounded comrade rather than leave him for dead for the sake of the mission. Something to do with the switch in the brain that causes some new mothers to abandon their babies, allegedly.

Incidentally, there are women in the RAuxAF Regiment.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It's Nato policy that women cannot serve in frontline roles and we had to bend the interpretation severely to allow women to serve on board ships and as aircrew.

It is argued by some that women would make better infantry than men because they are able to override the compassion that causes a man to attend to his wounded comrade rather than leave him for dead for the sake of the mission. Something to do with the switch in the brain that causes some new mothers to abandon their babies, allegedly.
Incidentally, there are women in the RAuxAF Regiment.

Off Topic Not argued by many in my experience...what a load of old twaddle.

What is a fact is that once captured a women could be a useful tool to make blokes talk a little quicker when the guards are giving her a good seeing to in front of her comrades...I suppose it depends how much you liked her before hand...:0

dark_sider1

Corporal
Off Topic
Off Topic Not argued by many in my experience...what a load of old twaddle.

What is a fact is that once captured a women could be a useful tool to make blokes talk a little quicker when the guards are giving her a good seeing to in front of her comrades...I suppose it depends how much you liked her before hand...:0

What Airforce are you in? It's not the same as mine, cos if the guards were smashing in a WRAF's back doors, it'd be all i could do not to give the guard a hi 5 :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Admittedly, i'd then get in trouble with the guards for thinking "Sloppy twenty ninth" :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Off Topic

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Off Topic

What Airforce are you in? It's not the same as mine, cos if the guards were smashing in a WRAF's back doors, it'd be all i could do not to give the guard a hi 5 :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Admittedly, i'd then get in trouble with the guards for thinking "Sloppy twenty ninth" :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Off Topic

I'm in your gang...nobody I work with would persuade me to tweet like a canary if they were being brutalised by a tag team of guards...There are, however, some 'gentlemen' out there who apparently would start singing if this were to happen...

dark_sider1

Corporal
After some frantic checking and asking around, i have been assured that it's an exceptionally small number, thankfully.............:pDT_Xtremez_28:

T

TDJ

If you are threatened with dismissal for failing your fitness test but you have achieved the equivalent level for a female pass then they are breaking the law as they are punishing you on the basis of your gender. They changed the female press up because of sex discrimination issues.

Absolutely Spot on - waiting for the first challenge to it.

rackrat

LAC
Run 15 metres, is that the car to doughnut distance in the rain? :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Yea the filths fitness test is 5.4 over 15 meters but is a differnt test to the raf one, it starts a lot quicker. I had the pleasure of it last week

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
one of my mates has joined the grampian police, and he needs to get to at least 9-4

I think its up to each Police Force commander what the levels are, I did delve a little deeper a few months ago when I'd heard about this fabled level 5.4, not been able to find any gen on the internet so far though.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
well saying that theres a lad a work whos joinin the police and he only needs the mythical level 5

I heard they use push bikes and skateboards to get their 'collar' these days. Why would they need to run? :pDT_Xtremez_15:

E

Enguineer

I think its up to each Police Force commander what the levels are, I did delve a little deeper a few months ago when I'd heard about this fabled level 5.4, not been able to find any gen on the internet so far though.

My Missis is in the process of joining the Lincolnshire Police Force and did her fitness test recently. The level is 5.4 on a 15 metre bleep test, followed by a dyno test (like weights) where you have to 'push' 35 Kg and 'pull' 34 Kg.

I helped her by getting a copy of the RAF test (20 Metres) and practicing up to level 6. She had no problems doing the Police test after that, and reckoned it is easier than the RAF one.

In the interests of equality, the Police have a single test that males and females have to pass.

M

Mickwreay

Differing male/female AFT standards

Differing male/female AFT standards

Please see below a quick Google comparison for male & female athletes.

It is clearly evident that women are not miles behind men in levels, as is clearly the case in the AFT

What are the men's and women's world record for the marathon?

The fastest time for a marathon, as set in official competition, is 2 hours, 4 minutes and 26 seconds. This is the current men's world record for marathon distance, and was set by Haile Gebrselassie of Ethiopia on 30th September 2007 in the real,-Berlin marathon.

The fastest time run by a woman in a marathon is 2 hours, 15 minutes and 25 seconds. This currently stands as the women's world record for marathon distance, and was set by Paula Radcliffe of Great Britain on 13th April 2003 in the London Marathon.

As for strength read this
Gender effects. Gender differences in strength and muscle growth are well known and expected. Women body builders cannot achieve the same muscle cross-sectional areas as men (1). This consideration leads to the expectation, found in lighter body-weight classes here, that women are taller than men in the same class. In the heavier classes, however, they were shorter than men of the same weight. The transition from taller at lighter weights to shorter at heavier weights was associated with increases in body thickness, indicated by the increased weight-height index, beginning at lighter weights for women. When corrections are made for the difference at which the transition occurred, the ratios of weight lifted to cross-sectional area for women and men were found to be a constant 70% across all body-weight-limited classes

We should all keep fit but the testing standards are miles apart!

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
The whole thread has gone around in circles enough without yet another post about the different standards between men & WRAFs.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.