• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Latest Fitness Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red-Rock

Sergeant
And all the time you spend down the gym most techies are thinking how am i gonna make up this lost time when i get back to work, therefore increasing stress, probably more likely to make errors while doing tasks faster and maybe even taking short cuts to make up the lost rectification time which in the end leads to BAD things.

So we need to be fitter to rush our proper job....i see now.....
Crack on...................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

You lot really need to get a grip......seriously. Fitness isn't just something that is done during working hours that takes you away from your primary role you know. At the risk of sounding like ILLBW how about a little bit of personal pride. Not everyone takes the same attitude as you Tashy and not everyone is as bitter as you.

It doesn't take much to keep on top of your fitness. Half an hour of phys 3 or 4 times a week is all you really need just to maintain things. As long as you do the right stuff it is all you really need. It's not difficult is it????????? You would think that you were being asked to cure cancer or something.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
You would think that you were being asked to cure cancer or something.

Funny you should say that because recently working on a sqn has been like that. Lack of spares, time, manpower.....always being asked to do the impossible.

You enjoy youself down the gym though as you obviously don't work in the same RAF as the rest of us.

Crack on..................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Funny you should say that because recently working on a sqn has been like that. Lack of spares, time, manpower.....always being asked to do the impossible.

You enjoy youself down the gym though as you obviously don't work in the same RAF as the rest of us.

Crack on..................:pDT_Xtremez_09:
Not in the RAF anymore mate.............and FYI I actually work in a gym as a Personal Trainer.

Jog on................::p:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Not in the RAF anymore mate.............and FYI I actually work in a gym as a Personal Trainer.

Jog on................::p:

So my statement :

"You enjoy youself down the gym though as you obviously don't work in the same RAF as the rest of us"

was correct....you enjoy yourself in a gym (its your workplace) and you don't work in the RAF.

FYI i don't give a flying fcuk.

Crack on............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

C

Comms_Lad

Im surprised no one layed into me for my last comment. Use their rules against them, its the only way they will sit up and take notice. For those that have PVR'd or are nearing Time-ex then you are the ones that can push these rules the hardest to point out how crap they are.

I had to leave work yesterday at half 3 as the boss decided the whole section was going to the gym at 4, if he had told me the day before I could of brought my kit in to work with me instead of having to drive home to get it. Needless to say their is a bit more work than normal for a friday morning on my desk now.

Before anyone starts NO I am not a techy, NO I dont have to worry about flying schedules, NO if I dont do my job lives are not likely to be lost, but I am still undermanned, over worked and under payed.

But if anyone complains at me because their job hasnt been completed yet, I shall just point to the orders that state I have to go to the gym 3 times a week for at least an hour and then direct them (politely) to my bosses office if they dont like it.

p.s. first trip to the gym in ages and my shoulders are in bits this morning bloody boxercise circuit:S

Red-Rock

Sergeant
So my statement :

"You enjoy youself down the gym though as you obviously don't work in the same RAF as the rest of us"

was correct....you enjoy yourself in a gym (its your workplace) and you don't work in the RAF.

FYI i don't give a flying fcuk.

Crack on............:pDT_Xtremez_09:
Even if I was still in mate I would still take pride in my job, my fitness standards/health and my appearance and would still, as I used to before, take time to either go for a run or get to the gym outside of working hours. Some of us have a different ethos I guess.

As for you not giving a flying fcuk........that is blatantly obvious you nosher. I would hate to be working around you, you must be a complete morale vacuum. The RAF will be a better place without you. One less tubby techie whining about fitness tests.

I would say 'Jog On' again but you probably wouldn't be able to manage that without wheezing and bleating. Go and have a nice sit down with your pipe and slippers and wait for someone to wheel you out of the doors but just be careful it doesn't smack you in the arrse on the way out.::p:

C

Captain Gatso

I've gotta support what the last two goaters have said. Red rock mate, change the record, we know you are pasionate about your fitness as you have said time and time again. I have mentioned that you have got to appreciate how difficult things are in the RAF for trades other than the Regiment at the moment. It might surprise you that a vast percentage of us do value our fitness and do indeed do something about it when we can get the chance. However you must understand that we have to work to the whim of the flying squadrons, as mentioned before (they come first and other things have to be worked around that) it's no good saying that we have to do more in our own time. Many of us have families and do not live on RAF units due to the standards of accomodation nowadays. We value our family time more than the RAF. Surely you must understand this. We don't have the resources to drop everything and go and do fitness, if the RAf was what it was, say ten years ago, I would confidently say nearly all of us would be down the gym.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I've gotta support what the last two goaters have said. Red rock mate, change the record, we know you are pasionate about your fitness as you have said time and time again. I have mentioned that you have got to appreciate how difficult things are in the RAF for trades other than the Regiment at the moment. It might surprise you that a vast percentage of us do value our fitness and do indeed do something about it when we can get the chance. However you must understand that we have to work to the whim of the flying squadrons, as mentioned before (they come first and other things have to be worked around that) it's no good saying that we have to do more in our own time. Many of us have families and do not live on RAF units due to the standards of accomodation nowadays. We value our family time more than the RAF. Surely you must understand this. We don't have the resources to drop everything and go and do fitness, if the RAf was what it was, say ten years ago, I would confidently say nearly all of us would be down the gym.

Got to agree with that CG, we have been leaned to fcuk and even to let 3 or 4 people away to the gym at any one time out of the 20 or so of all trades available, hurts to say the least. The flying programme has to be met at all costs, something that maybe Red Rock doesn't appreciate.:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Got to agree with that CG, we have been leaned to fcuk and even to let 3 or 4 people away to the gym at any one time out of the 20 or so of all trades available, hurts to say the least. The flying programme has to be met at all costs, something that maybe Red Rock doesn't appreciate.:pDT_Xtremez_09:

I still think these rocks should spend a day on the line every year !

A

Albert Park

The flying programme has to be met at all costs, something that maybe Red Rock doesn't appreciate.:pDT_Xtremez_09:
He's got a one-dimensional point-of-view, and appears unwilling to see anyone else's.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
No probs man, just tell me what bolt to undo or what cable to unplug. Easy innit :pDT_Xtremez_15:

if only life was that simple.

lets replace a bolt Mr Regiment.....
1 Get your overalls on. 0800 (locker room is in next hanger)
2 Apply your barrier cream. 0810 (cleaner didn't replenish the dispenser)
3 Check all your auths are up to date. 0820
4 Get debriefed to ascertain what bolt is knacker ed 0900 (crew have fcuked off home leaving the snag written on a papercup on the heavy desk)
5 Check the reds and greens to see if the bolt has been lim'd or ADF'd. 0920 (BENGO has the 700 locked in his office doing his QA checks)
6 After battling with LITS raise and print your job card 0930
7 Skip tea break because the aircraft needs to make the flying program.
8 Read Vol 1, Identify bolt in vol 3 and check COSSH sheets 0940
9 Check Vol 6 for damage limitations. 0945
10 Check C stores rack for replacement bolt 0950
10 Slap in a demand with friendly Sqn stacker 1000
11 Get told by supply staff its NIR (FFS) 1010
12 Fill in manual demand proforma (find a CT or above to sign it off) 1030
13 Get told by Tech stores that Sqn stores have the bolt all along 1040
14 Sign out A/C key. 1045
15 Try and sign out waggon 1050
16 Find fairy's in the tea bar and educate them about waggon keys 1100
17 Go to tool stores and sign out tools for job using MMT ATT TNT BLT or whatever it says in the JAP this week 1110
18 Get to aircraft and start apply power 1125
19 FINALLY I will show you which bolt to undo !!! 1145
20 Explain to you "Right tighty left loosey" 1200
21 Send the now moaning and complaining rock for lunch and PT 1205
22 On my jack jones fit replacement item using correct jointing compound 1210
23 Turn off power and lock aircraft 1215
24 Sign in A/C key, tools and waggon 1225
25 Find somebody to undersign me 1235
26 Fill out all relevant paperwork and reprint 707b 1240
27 Update rects controller and get the line controller to sort out the serv 1255
28 Take 10 Min's out for a cuppa and a pot noddle before starting "what cable to unplug" !!!!!!!!!

So I hope you will enjoy your day on the flightline MR Rock......... :pDT_Xtremez_25:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
if only life was that simple.

lets replace a bolt Mr Regiment.....
1 Get your overalls on. 0800 (locker room is in next hanger)
2 Apply your barrier cream. 0810 (cleaner didn't replenish the dispenser)
3 Check all your auths are up to date. 0820
4 Get debriefed to ascertain what bolt is knacker ed 0900 (crew have fcuked off home leaving the snag written on a papercup on the heavy desk)
5 Check the reds and greens to see if the bolt has been lim'd or ADF'd. 0920 (BENGO has the 700 locked in his office doing his QA checks)
6 After battling with LITS raise and print your job card 0930
7 Skip tea break because the aircraft needs to make the flying program.
8 Read Vol 1, Identify bolt in vol 3 and check COSSH sheets 0940
9 Check Vol 6 for damage limitations. 0945
10 Check C stores rack for replacement bolt 0950
10 Slap in a demand with friendly Sqn stacker 1000
11 Get told by supply staff its NIR (FFS) 1010
12 Fill in manual demand proforma (find a CT or above to sign it off) 1030
13 Get told by Tech stores that Sqn stores have the bolt all along 1040
14 Sign out A/C key. 1045
15 Try and sign out waggon 1050
16 Find fairy's in the tea bar and educate them about waggon keys 1100
17 Go to tool stores and sign out tools for job using MMT ATT TNT BLT or whatever it says in the JAP this week 1110
18 Get to aircraft and start apply power 1125
19 FINALLY I will show you which bolt to undo !!! 1145
20 Explain to you "Right tighty left loosey" 1200
21 Send the now moaning and complaining rock for lunch and PT 1205
22 On my jack jones fit replacement item using correct jointing compound 1210
23 Turn off power and lock aircraft 1215
24 Sign in A/C key, tools and waggon 1225
25 Find somebody to undersign me 1235
26 Fill out all relevant paperwork and reprint 707b 1240
27 Update rects controller and get the line controller to sort out the serv 1255
28 Take 10 Min's out for a cuppa and a pot noddle before starting "what cable to unplug" !!!!!!!!!

So I hope you will enjoy your day on the flightline MR Rock......... :pDT_Xtremez_25:

Well you could have saved 10 odd mins if you didn't need to make yourself pretty for the aircrew :pDT_Xtremez_15:

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
LOL Coohead

Ill be 100% honest Coohead is a top notch Regiment lad, he dont know me but i know him (not personally) and I can say he has been a breath of fresh air up at Fossil ISK. For years we have had stale regiment non deployable rejects that just hate everyone below the rank of Sgt (JTs the worse many moons back) and make GDT a day where you just fear rather to go and learn. Arrogant with no respect to younger lads and shout at them and make them scared to learn cause they cant pull a trigger. I dont think when god blessed this earth he gave the RAF Regiment Social skills.
Coohead you are one of the few thats been a good thing and from a few mates i know you would at a chance come down NLS and give it a go, I just wish all would learn from you.

Ps please dont find out who i am and make me do 30 mins in the chamber next time !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.