• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Late, perhaps ?

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Wow. What a tribute.....I take back everything I ever said about Waterworld....

On a more serious note, what would it take for someone in this country to make a similar kind of speech?

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Very humbling speech. If only our armed forces had the same level of respect from our public and famous folk....

I'm not yet in the RAF but that was a fitting tribute and I hope one day I can be counted among those who serve and have served their country.
Is it just me (outsider point of view) or does it seem as though the public in America have a higher level of respect for their men and woman serving in the Armed Forces than here in the UK (not all I'm sure but in general)?

chumpzilla

Sergeant
I'm not yet in the RAF but that was a fitting tribute and I hope one day I can be counted among those who serve and have served their country.
Is it just me (outsider point of view) or does it seem as though the public in America have a higher level of respect for their men and woman serving in the Armed Forces than here in the UK (not all I'm sure but in general)?

Generally I've found that our population is a lot more modest with its praise to the British armed forces in comparison to the Americans who absolutely cream themselves over theirs and to a certain degree, ours!

Generally I've found that our population is a lot more modest with its praise to the British armed forces in comparison to the Americans who absolutely cream themselves over theirs and to a certain degree, ours!

Ah but that's us Brits through and through modest when in reality our Armed Forces should be praised, they constantly stick their neck on the line at a moments notice to go to the back of beyond protecting us, our interests, the interests of our allies and the people of countries where natural disasters have taken place by giving aid . Yet these feats often go largely unnoticed or just plain ignored. I for one am proud of our Armed Forces and all they do for myself and my loved ones, hates off lads and ladies!