• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LATCC (Mil) Site query

D

damage

Can anyone out there tell me what has happened to the old LATCC (Mil) / RAF West drayton site. Has it been sold off for development or it being left to rot?

Thanks in anticipation.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I think he's after the takeaway menu for the Anarkali he left there.... :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Mustang

Corporal
LATCC (Mil) Site query

Further to damages query, when did West Drayton close and what happened to LATCC (mil) or where did it go?

I handed in my blue suit 16 years ago, so I am out of touch with such matters.

GoonerFoa

LAC
The new LATCC MIL site

The new LATCC MIL site

LATCC (Mil) moved to the delights of Swanwick on the south coast (you know the Air Traffic centre that had problems in 2002). Its been at least a year now that LATCC has been done from Swanwick. They are still doing the same stuff though, just from a shiney new buidling.

http://www.nats.co.uk/text/80/london_area_control_centre.html no pics, just lots of info.

Last edited:

Mustang

Corporal
LATCC (Mil) Site query

LATCC (Mil) moved to the delights of Swanwick on the south coast (you know the Air Traffic centre that had problems in 2002). Its been at least a year now that LATCC has been done from Swanwick. They are still doing the same stuff though, just from a shiney new buidling.

http://www.nats.co.uk/text/80/london_area_control_centre.html no pics, just lots of info.

Thanks for that.:pDT_Xtremez_30:
I'm glad to say that I never got any closer to West Drayton than the M25. I knew people who got posted there and were never seen again.:pDT_Xtremez_09:
They may still be lurking there in some forgotten corner.

Sandbag

LAC
I had the privilege of being one of the last four blue suits working in the main building. LATCC (Mil) moved out in Jan 08, we closed shop at West Drayton on the 28 Mar 08 and opened up at Swanwick on the following Monday.

At that time the radar systems were still being kept live as a back up for Swanwick falling down. I do not know the exact date the plug was pulled but I believe it was around Jun 08.

:pDT_Xtremez_26:

Loved my time at Drayton was there from 1985-1990 and liked it so much that I jumped ship to the C.A.A :pDT_Xtremez_30: Shame it now looks like they film Torchwood and Dr Who there now