• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jumpers and Ties

wally375

Corporal
Dress regs short sleeved shirt with a tie and a jumper! Why not just let people revert back to Jumper without a tie?

Just saying / asking.

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
Short sleeved shirts are tailored not to be worn with a tie. This is why they look a bag of **** when worn with one. Why anyone would wear a short sleeved shirt with a tie is beyond me. If it's cold wear a long sleeved shirt and tie. Really cold add jumper. If too warm for these options wear a short sleeved shirt with the option of adding a GP jacket as provided by stores. Simple.

This message was sent using my thumb.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Short sleeved shirts are a total disaster anyway - tie or not . The have no part in a uniform for me. Cheap looking schite.

G

Gord

Short sleeved shirts are a total disaster anyway - tie or not . The have no part in a uniform for me. Cheap looking schite.
I thought they were summer gear anyway, especially in tropical countries.

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
Stevienics doesn't do summer. He just does winters of misery, disillusionment and cynicism 😊

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Please tell me that the dress police are not forcing everyone into summer & winter dress, dictated to by the calendar.

It went out a long time ago, and I never wore a long-sleeved shirt again. On my discharge in 2014, all bar one of my 2003-issued shirts were returned in their wrappers!

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
Jumpers and Ties

Not as far as I'm aware. It's just that if you wear a jumper you also have to wear a tie. That's all.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Ha! I'm on OOA so PCS, but I don't take my shirt off like these oiks around me.

fourteen2two

Corporal
I could never see the point in wearing a tie with a round neck jumper, especially as a techie!
I remember the old hairy battledress, yuk! The thunderbirds jacket and trousers were, much better.
As a techie, dark blue shirt ad no tie was best.

Shirts and tie are ok for admin wallahs ad officer types for every day wear.

Fairynuff31

Corporal
I could never see the point in wearing a tie with a round neck jumper, especially as a techie!
I remember the old hairy battledress, yuk! The thunderbirds jacket and trousers were, much better.
As a techie, dark blue shirt ad no tie was best.

Shirts and tie are ok for admin wallahs ad officer types for every day wear.

Agreed!

Ive been out a loooong time now, but it has never ceased to amaze me how their Airships make superficial changes to kit, just because they can...

Round neck jumpers out - Vee neck in - sh1te! and looked it - especially as I chose to wear a dark blue shirt at all times!
Thunderbird Jackets - out - shame I liked mine (on the odd occasions I did wear a wedgewood blue shirt an tie) and it did look reasonably smart

Do you still get issues heavy duty and lightweight blue trousers - I used to hang on to my lightweights as long as possible - even after the calendar dictated a change of dress - and my knackers appreciated the cool breeks to boot!

Why did the No.1 change to a 1940's throw back? Complete with belt and sh1tehawk badge? What was wrong with previous version?

Rant over - Happy Christmas to all Goaters

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Do you still get issues heavy duty and lightweight blue trousers - I used to hang on to my lightweights as long as possible - even after the calendar dictated a change of dress - and my knackers appreciated the cool breeks to boot!

They went a few years back. We get medium weight trousers to be worn all year round. What really grits my sh1t though, is whomever they have contracted to supplying the short sleeve shirts. Because of the wank way the material is cut and stitched, they just don't seem to lie right when ironing the crease into the sleeve.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Added to that; the new style of short-sleeved shirts seem to be made of some kind of plastic. They're virtually impossible to iron and as pointed out; none of the damned seems are properly done.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Added to that; the new style of short-sleeved shirts seem to be made of some kind of plastic. They're virtually impossible to iron and as pointed out; none of the damned seems are properly done.

Agreed, if it wasn't for the fact I'll not be wearing blues for the next few years, I'd be switching to a dark blue shirt.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I hated the shiney ties and V neck shiney jumpers.

It was dark blue shirts with sleeves rolled up for me.