• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Janet And Janet Books For Primary School Kids?

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
I saw this on the local news last night.

While I think kids need to be aware of same sex relationships, do 5 year olds need to learn it at school?

Some of the titles that the kids will be reading are: The Sissy Duckling, Hello Sailor and Daddy's Roommate.

Story here.

M

mad_mo

While I think kids need to be aware of same sex relationships, do 5 year olds need to learn it at school?

Pathetic! Like a 5 year old is going to pay any attention to such things. Whats gone wrong in this countries education system?.

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Well, if my kids bring any of that sort of tripe home, I will return it directly to the school, via the shredder!

wolfy

Warrant Officer
Far too young Imho for what is a difficult concept for many adults to come to terms with, but I'm sure there will be a few who are glad to see it.

AllWoman

Flight Sergeant
Well, I am not in the least bit homophobic and I believe all children's questions should be answered honestly and openly, but, I really do believe 5 is far too young to be forcing the issue on children. For godsake isn't it bad enough that we are now making them take exams at age 7 without forcing grown up issues on them too!

Yes there are going to be children who ask questions and believe me I've been asked some corkers by my kids, but not when they were 5!!!!

For godsake when is this country going to realise they are kids and deserve to have their childhoods of playing just like we did!

M

Mrs_Monobrow

My daughter is 5 and doesnt even understand where she comes from the ''natural'' way. She doesnt know anything or understand anything about relationships, love etc etc so she sure as hell wouldnt understand 2 women or men doing what mummy and daddy do (and i mean kissing!).

Completely agree with mingmong, if my kids bring it home, it will be sent straight back complete with a mouthful from me!

I am not a bigot or homophobic. One of my friends is a lesbian and i will bring my kids up the way i was brought up and that is to respect everyone regardless of colour, sexual preference etc, but i do not want it shoved down my daughters throat alongside learning the alphabet!

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
IS This real?

IS This real?

Surely this is a wind up?
Daddys roommate ?
So are we all Gay,
"you had a roommate daddy did you love him?"

Sorry I will try to bring my kids up with my morals, rightly or wrongly. Keep this stuff out of schools.

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
Are any of you surprised? This country is a complete shambles and it will get worse before, sorry, IF it gets better.

M

mumof4

Ok..cat among the pigeons time...i have always honestly answered any of my kids questions .When i was pregnant with the youngest..my then 5 yr old wanted to know how the baby would come out..so i told him....his responce....do your bits stay that big mummy after the baby comes out!!..i said no dear..it shrinks.(good book to read is mummy lays an egg as i got this to explain to him).

My kids have picked things up from school and come home asking questions..best one ive been stumped with from my eldest is how do lesbians have sex..well...i dunno!....i answer simply and honestly according to the age they are.

5 is a bit young.... i am bringing my kids up to accept people for who or what they are no matter their preferences.
My eldest once asked me..how would i react if she came home and told me that she was gay/lesbian..i said that i would love her just as much as i did before.She will be 10 tomorrow.....kids pick up very quick these days...they overhear things we dont think they can..they see things on telly and they hear things at school.

AllWoman

Flight Sergeant
I agree with you MO4 I have always answered all my kids questions honestly even the difficult ones. Once sat in the car at traffic lights, the car in front had one of those daft signs in its back window, said.........when the red river flows etc etc my 12 year old asks mum what does that mean? Trying to think of a simple explanation I was gobsmacked when he said oh is that like potting the brown instead of the pink!!!!!!

Didn't get me out of explaining it to his ten year old brother though!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_42:

M

monobrow

Ohhh FFS!! When are they going to cut this crap out???

And 5 year olds getting them read to them?!? What the f*ck?!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
So, what happens at the moment? My son brings home Biff & Chip books from school which feature a bog-standard nuclear family with a mum, dad, a couple of kids and a dog. No-one in mine or my wife's immediate family is homosexual so he may never meet someone he knows to be homosexual until he is an adult. By that time he will have such a strongly-formed idea of what is 'normal', i.e., Adam & Eve not Adam & Steve, that it will be very difficult for him to come to terms with gay people - a problem that is still common in today's society.

There is a wheelchair-bound child in my son's present class, and last year there were a couple of black kids. At his age (now 5) he had no pre-conceived ideas so has accepted both as perfectly normal, if uncommon. The bottom line is that I don't see any problem with some of my son's reading books featuring homosexual partners because it is representative of today's society. Perhaps the titles could use some work - "Daddy's Roommate" sets the imagination running a bit, but in general terms, so what?

S

scaleywife

My kids have met 'friendly' blokes and knew what the score was without any explanation needed. I guess that at 8 and 4 (at the time) they know more than we think these days. But TBJ is right, the younger they meet anyone 'different' the more accepting they are.

The boys have asked dodgy questions at times such as 'why can't i get a suntan like you then?' but I find if you leave the person concerned to give them an answer the kids usually accept it without prejeudice (the very young child who was asked this question just said that his grandma came from a very sunny country and all his family had suntans like him)

My other favourite question was from my eldest when he was about 8. To a young SAC friend of ours, not an overly camp guy and the question of sexuality had never come up in front of the kids, out of the blue... 'so is that fella your boyfriend then' SAC replied 'uummm yes I suppose so' to which the fella in question replyed 'am I... blimey!' When they get married (or whatever you are supposed to call it) I want my eldest to be the best man!!

Mug?

Flight Sergeant
So, what happens at the moment? My son brings home Biff & Chip books from school which feature a bog-standard nuclear family with a mum, dad, a couple of kids and a dog. .....

.... The bottom line is that I don't see any problem with some of my son's reading books featuring homosexual partners because it is representative of today's society....

Not a good argument in my book. We have people running round with guns and drugs are now very normal in today's society. People are obsessed with celebrity status and the aspirations of winning the lottery, and all terrorists are portrayed as muslim extreamists are . All bad things in my old fasioned view. I still personnaly do not think homosexuality is normal. I will not consciously descriminate against someones sexual preference, BUT as a father i feel I have the right to express my views to my children and leave them to grow up a bit before they make there own mind up what is right and wrong.

If Biff and chip joined a gang and started shooting up the town so they could be famous and start chasing a young muslim lad cos he had a big rucksack, while mom and dad sponged off the social while watching tricia, would that be okay as it reflected todays society?

airframe doctor

Corporal
Revamped book titles/stories........

Revamped book titles/stories........

I seem to remember a while ago that Little Red Riding Hood was changed(or it was suggested at least) dramatically so that kids living in inner city areas could relate to the story better. Changes included.....
The big bad wolf was renamed..........a potential offender,
The forest was renamed.............a built up area,
and other crap like that. Too much PC ****e!!!

MingMong

Warrant Officer
I do not want my kids to grow up thinking that homosexuality is normal and natural because it is not.
I would be much happier with them knowing that mummy and daddy shag to make babies and that is how it should be.
I would much rather that they learn about the correct way that things work first before their minds are screwed up with images of deviants.

R

Rich_P

There was a program on TV a week or two ago about "Can't wait to be grown up" or something like that, and it was to do with young teenage girls wanting and going for boob jobs/implants. :pDT_Xtremez_35:

Then this sort of rubbish starts getting put into schools too, with matters like Homosexuality? :raf: It's comes as no surprise that they're wanting boob jobs and other adult things before they're even anywhere near fifteen because they're being forced to 'grow up' faster, yet they don't appear to be able to psychologically mature quick enough. This is when the word STOP needs to apply. Otherwise we'll have "Grown up" five year olds roaming the streets....

sculthorpe

Corporal
I saw this on the local news last night.

Some of the titles that the kids will be reading are: The Sissy Duckling, Hello Sailor and Daddy's Roommate.

Story here.
Pure propaganda , win their little hearts and minds.............!!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
If Biff and chip joined a gang and started shooting up the town so they could be famous and start chasing a young muslim lad cos he had a big rucksack, while mom and dad sponged off the social while watching tricia, would that be okay as it reflected todays society?

The subtle difference is that homosexuality is not illegal.

I do not want my kids to grow up thinking that homosexuality is normal and natural because it is not.
I would be much happier with them knowing that mummy and daddy shag to make babies and that is how it should be.
I would much rather that they learn about the correct way that things work first before their minds are screwed up with images of deviants.

You have proved my point. We grew up in a world where homosexuality was not talked about. As a generation we still find it difficult to recognise as an acceptable way of life. I consider myself quite open-minded about these things, but even now I will not go into the toilets at work if I know the openly gay member of the Squadron is in there. There is no rationale for my actions, it is just the way I have been brought up.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Seriousness aside I haven't stopped chuckling over the titles 'Hello Sailor' and 'daddies Room mate' since I read them on here yesterday...

It goes without saying that I wouldn't entertain this direction on either of my sons education...Some of their social awareness must come from the parents and it will at a time and delivery of my choice...It strikes me that the education services think that parents are incapable of doing anything for their children...