• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Its a bit warm

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Chaos, death, mayhem we're all doomed to fry alive and that's only if things go well, or it's just a bit hot. How are goaters coping with the fact that it's a bit warm today?

For me it was indeed hot on the golf course front nine this morning and also very hot on the back nine but I struggled through all 18 holes and kept hydrated with 2 x 24floz water bottles. Pub later to restore lost fluids and restablish my carbohydrate levels.

Hot Shoes

Corporal
I have worked from home today even though the office has Air conditioning, its getting there and back in the car.

Plus, now the summer is here I have not worn a vest

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Got to admit its a bit warm at the moment.

Also got to admit that eco warriers stopped going on about global warming because people didnt think it was any warmer.

As my car has just gone kaput, I’m waiting for an available swap, I’ve been working from my overly hot home all day, and will do so the rest of the week, rather than the rather pleasant air conditioned office with a water cooler.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Spent all day in a meeting in an air conditioned room so chilled that one attendee actually put their jacket on... Didn't half notice it when we got outside afterwards though...🥵🥵🥵🤣🤣

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The runway at BZN has melted according to some reports.

Similar troubles at Luton airport but sorted now

stereolab

Station Cashier
It is very hot and humid here in Thailand, rainy season is underway, needed a blanket in the wee small hours. Happy days.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
RAF Coningsby has achieved 40 deg C today..."well done" seems to be appropriate!

Our tip for dealing with such heat? Close everything: windows, curtains and blinds - and get some fans...Keep the heat (and sunlight) out. Only open up when things have 'cooled down' in the night.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Carling is nice and cold, although it took 1.5l of water to make it here

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Our tip for dealing with such heat? Close everything: windows, curtains and blinds - and get some fans...Keep the heat (and sunlight) out. Only open up when things have 'cooled down' in the night.
More or less exactly the scheme at TB Towers, plus drinking lots of water until it's cooler then it's beer o'clock.

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
i was wandering around in the 40 degree heat no issues (to be fair im usually in saudi) got some poper strange looks as for medical/personal reasons i am usually seen sporting a shemagh wrapped round my neck for the time being.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Another warm spell for most of England that is due to last until Sunday. No hosepipe ban in the TB towers area just yet. Having to re-schedule my golf to early morning (07.00) tee times but otherwise all good here

Vushtrri

Sergeant
I’ve been fitting a village convenience store owned by an Indian couple…every 30 mins , he comes in in trackie bottoms, flip flops and 1950’s string vest complaining…It’s too bloody hot, I came here to keep cool….

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I’ve been in an Air Con hotel all week, back to a typical UK house for the worse of iit tomorrow.

Allflapnofly

Corporal
It'll only be a few plus months before we have a 2 inch snow fall and the whole of England grinds to a halt....

Anyway, think of them poor souls currently forking out good money to go to the Med and beyond, via congested roads to packed airports and all that inconvenience to board a rammed to the hilt holiday flight.....Then at the other end.....

For me I'll stay at home with a few ales an' stuff stocked in fridge, sit in back garden under a gazebo with a good novel chillin' Stroll in the mornings and evenings with the pooch....No getting up at the crack o' knackers to compete with the me, me, me's as they hurriedly stake their claim an' unfurl their 'it's my sunbed' beach towel.....Next year I may contemplate making the effort to travel again, but at the mo' I'll let other folk enjoy themselves.....

I'll just be a 'dun roamin' miserable cheerful git..... ;-)

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
Been much hotter but that was on Telic and Herrick Dets, Even when I worked in Saudi where it was a pleasant 30 C most of the time unless you went to the coast where the humidity knocked the crepe out of you. At least up here in Cumbria we don't have drought threats yet.
On the bright side the UK Govt will soon declare a drought in parts of the country and that's a cert for the rain to start.
In the mean time it's 'Betty Swalocks' and more beer in the fridge

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Currently helping a mate out in some new business premises; studwalls, plasterboard, plastering, pva and decorating. One major backwall with a 3-sided glass frontage. Currently week 3 of the 5 week project. Yep, it's a tad warm...

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
During the last week I was wondering when Boris was going to tell us all to stay at home due to the heat, only being allowed out to the doorstep to clap the arrival of the ice cream van...

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Not a drop of rain here at TB Towers, parched earth all around. Scary newspaper stories of flash floods "down sarf", pack an emergency grab bag etc in Cornwall near London and the like but nowt here. YET