• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It doesnt happen any more

rhino

LAC
Had a flash back yesterday of doing G readings as a liney in the early 80's...and got me thinking about the sort of stuff that probably doesnt happen in the RAF (much) any more, like..........

loading starter cartridges into Canberra's and Chipmunks.

Doping repairs to canvass mainplanes and fuselage.

Scalloping mainspars on the Bucaneer.

Any one got any more?

radrob

Corporal
Having secret lockers and bins of `C` stores, delivering a quality service with adequate resources and having rates to blow instead of receipted JPA cr@p.
Still not bitter!
Rob:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Using the Airbrakes as chaff dispensers on Lightnings .......they'd never allow that today H&S don't you know (if they were still operational)

T

The Masked Geek

Being able to take your full leave entitlement without doing it in blocks of 1 day.

Penguins Suck

Snap yous spine
1000+ Posts
Right yous lot listen in .wot dont happen any more is me shagging fat waafs after the bop cos im's in Love wiv Sue mines Fit Waaf gurlfriend

kidcock

SAC
Getting kicked out for being a sausage jockey. Getting kicked out for being pregnant. Getting promoted - by the general chat on here. Boozing at dinnertime. Getting charged for being in the WRAF block. Decent overseas postings. The only people with medal ribbons on the entire camp are LS & GC holders. The only person on the camp with a mobile phone is an LAC GD drug dealer from Mosside Manchester. I would imagine the RAF Tash is in serious decline aswell. Do techies still walk about looking like Worzel Gummidge or are they infact even scruffier now. Just a few that spring to mind. Oh, proper snecs that aren't scared to give someone a bollocking. TACEVALS. Thats enough for now.

T93

Sergeant
Monday morning test of the station air attack/air raid siren.

Does that still happen.

Mustang

Corporal
It doesnt happen any more

Pay parades? Actually they finished not long after I joined in 71.
4 travel warrants a year.
Disciplining someone with the "quiet chat behind the line hut".
Good postings eg RAFG.:pDT_Xtremez_37:

A

auchtermuchty

Waking up without a hangover after a night on the lash:pDT_Xtremez_28:

D

Dobber

Sorry Mustang, but I remember doing pay parades after I joined up in 1982. That was until I got told I had to get a current account with the bank.

Being able to tell someone to go and fix something without having to think about COSH, Risk Assessments, Manual handling, SHEF, etc........

T93

Sergeant
Sorry Mustang, but I remember doing pay parades after I joined up in 1982. That was until I got told I had to get a current account with the bank.

Being able to tell someone to go and fix something without having to think about COSH, Risk Assessments, Manual handling, SHEF, etc........

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I joined up in 82 & I dont remember anything about pay parades. I remember we were had the visit by the bank reps at Swinditz....Think it was Barclays Bank.

All I can remember is the branch for my RAF pay to initially go into: Lincoln Brayford Branch.

230Tiger

Sergeant
Ranks with a "W" after them!

Egg Banjo's

Compo sausages mmmmmmmmm!

Being issued a tin hat and a pick axe handle for guard on a taceval

Avpin

T93

Sergeant
Asking a SNEC to put his WHITE 1250 on the WHITE SNOWY GROUND (MFT North Luffenham) then not being able to find it (still snowing). Aforementioned chasing you ANGRILY down the road whilst your bonce is being rattled by tin hat and your Elephant Gun (SLR) is trailing behind you.

Hmmmmmm

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I joined up in 82 & I dont remember anything about pay parades. I remember we were had the visit by the bank reps at Swinditz....Think it was Barclays Bank.

All I can remember is the branch for my RAF pay to initially go into: Lincoln Brayford Branch.

Natwest......the bank that everyone hated !!

Crack on...............:pDT_Xtremez_09: