• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Information for joining RAF Reserves, including Fitness.

All

I am new to the forum as its been pointed out that there are loads of people interested and often lots of really good and fair questions that need answers.

Whilst I may not be able to answer everything (I don't know why you don't see baby pigeons) I will have a try.

You may wish to look at some of our new info graphics at this link especially the fitness one at this link.

We have a pretty active Facebook page for the RAF Reserves, with the chance to ask questions as well.

I know there are some examples where peoples journey may not have been ideal in the past, this is changing and it is clear from the top down the 'the candidate comes first' if this isn't happening then we need to know.

I hope that helps, standing by for questions.

RAF Reserves

LilStill

Sergeant
All

I am new to the forum as its been pointed out that there are loads of people interested and often lots of really good and fair questions that need answers.

Whilst I may not be able to answer everything (I don't know why you don't see baby pigeons) I will have a try.

You may wish to look at some of our new info graphics at this link especially the fitness one at this link.

We have a pretty active Facebook page for the RAF Reserves, with the chance to ask questions as well.

I know there are some examples where peoples journey may not have been ideal in the past, this is changing and it is clear from the top down the 'the candidate comes first' if this isn't happening then we need to know.

I hope that helps, standing by for questions.

RAF Reserves

You seem official... Would you mind introducing yourself? Are you IofR, a Sqn Recruiter, what? Apologies if I've missed it! Very pleased to see a, hopefully, well-informed source of good gen on this topic. Welcome :)

LilStill

Sergeant
Recruiting and Selection, Barch.

@RafReserves - very cool, and I hope you'll be a good source of gen for those interested in the Reserves. Welcome to the Goat :)

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Recruiting and Selection, Barch.

@RafReserves - very cool, and I hope you'll be a good source of gen for those interested in the Reserves. Welcome to the Goat :)

Is reserve recruiting not part of the CIO /AFCO empire?

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Is reserve recruiting not part of the CIO /AFCO empire?

Nope. Only for P2 interviews and presentations for commissioning. Otherwise it is by local recruitment at Sqn level or on-line, as far as I know.

I would hope that this will change in future, as even the Logos include the Reserves now and I can see how it might work well with jointery and offering local access to real-time offline information

No, you are now able to complete large elements through your local Armed Forces Careers Office. Other than info day (optional) and final Sqn interview, everything else can be carried out at your nearest office. These offices also have some evening and Saturday opening hours to make it easier for those looking to join the Reserves.

Harby1

LAC
MSFT Download

MSFT Download

Hi there, I know there's loads of posts on here asking for the MSFT download but that link just keeps taking me to an smartphone/tablet friendly version of the Careers site. Other than high-level info about particular roles, etc there seems to be no way of accessing all the recruitment fitness content. It may be my settings on the laptop ...?

Last edited: