• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Incidental Expenditure

Captain Kirk

Corporal
For one of the TG17 guys.

PLenty of youngsters forced into isolating in COVIF blocks with scarce luxuries. Can they claim IE, as though they were in the same conditions in a hospital? Newspapers aren't provided nor are free phone calls.
The obvious answer is no, as it comes out of somebody's wallet, but why?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Being slightly tongue in cheek the world has moved on since IE was envisaged surely?

Firstly what "youth" buys a paper these days? Don't they all have massive data streaming allowances? And free minutes on a phone contract? Plus they can't leave the block to spend the cash....

I get what you're saying for sure, but I think the world has moved on exponentially since those days.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
And so what happens about food? And what happens if their in the sticks with minimal data signal?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Being slightly tongue in cheek the world has moved on since IE was envisaged surely?

Firstly what "youth" buys a paper these days? Don't they all have massive data streaming allowances? And free minutes on a phone contract? Plus they can't leave the block to spend the cash....

I get what you're saying for sure, but I think the world has moved on exponentially since those days.

Every Airman should have enough money in their pocket for a haircut and to buy a tin of shoe polish.

Queen's regs apparently although I've never seen the reference. Isn't IE in the same category these days? In the rules but doesn't really apply?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Self Isolation isn’t a holiday, and can be quite a mental challenge for some, however, I’m not sure giving some one £5 a day of the public’s money adds anything to the experience .

If people are stuck in a room on their own it’s not like they can even spend their wages never mind any extra payments.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
And so what happens about food? And what happens if their in the sticks with minimal data signal?

If they are in the block food gets delivered. Everywhere I've been of late has wifi so they would prolly already be using that. I ust don't see it being needed in this instance...

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Every Airman should have enough money in their pocket for a haircut and to buy a tin of shoe polish.

Queen's regs apparently although I've never seen the reference. Isn't IE in the same category these days? In the rules but doesn't really apply?
IE was in JSP752 not QR's.

norfolkred1

Sergeant
If it was 40 years ago and 4 man rooms, no WIFI etc I could see the issue. Oh well if you cannot take a joke etc.