• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I guess they went too far then.....?

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
There I was enjoying my new life as a civvy, when I received a message from an old colleague.

He'd heard that my new job hadn't turned out as well as I thought it would and, if I was interested, there might be a possibility that I could return to Cosford as an instructor... albeit without wearing a blue suit.

I thanked him for thinking of me, but politely declined the offer... I'm enjoying my new life too much! :pDT_Xtremez_28:

But it got me thinking... How bad are things now? They must be really bad at Cosford if they want ME back! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

All the redundees (of which I was one) will have left now (or be on terminal/resettlement leave at least). How has that affected your place of work? Has over stretch gone 'snap' yet? Have you had to say 'No, it's not possible with the manpower remaining' yet? Are you having unrealistic demands placed upon your section based on historical actions made when you had more manpower?

Are you an AMM expecting to go on your fitters course soon? Are you worried that it could be delayed?

Also, if you think things are bad in your section now... how about when you have no new techies being posted in to replace those who've left the RAF from the top end because Cosford doesn't have enough instructors to train the new guys needed at the bottom end?

Just wondering?

HTB

Last edited:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You scaremongering malcontent whatever do you mean, ?

A pyongyang party spokesman told us only recently that every course is properly manned at all times by experienced trade savvy bods, the plan is fixed so you know your instructional tasking for the next three weeks, leave, blue suit and civvy, is freely available and adequate prep and down time is always factored into the working week. No one is voluntold to work off piste at short notice and moral is sky high.

nothing to see here just move along :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
All the redundees (of which I was one) will have left now (or be on terminal/resettlement leave at least). How has that affected your place of work? Has over stretch gone 'snap' yet? Have you had to say 'No, it's not possible with the manpower remaining' yet? Are you having unrealistic demands placed upon your section based on historical actions made when you had more manpower?

I've had all my redundees replaced and for the first time that I can remember we are 100% manned.