• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hump Shunting Yards?

Fellow Inty types...

Have any of you ever found use for learning about Hump Shunting yards at JSPI?

Me neither...
:confused:

I'm sure you can think of similar useless bits of training from the various Int courses out there?

Tanktops

LAC
Geeks!

Geeks!

..--..- --.--. ..-.--.- ..-.---. ...-
...---...
G-G-G gg ge gee geee geeeeekkk!
(I'm fluent in Int An (C), i am).
:D

D

Diminished Responsibility

I did not train at JSPI .... How much training do u need to Identify a Tank from a picture etc 5 mins???
I] :confused:

Geek Geek Geek Gee Gee Gee Geek Geek Geek

I bet you get a froth on at weather covered omni directional dipole arrays and Log periodics!

The camera never lies! But bleeps and squeeks do!

At least we admit that some of our training was geeky arse that we will never use! You are living the dream! Seriously my son, have a swig of the strong stuff and go and find a girl!

I

Inch High PI

Much preferred the lessons on inland waterways myself, still cream my pants when I pass a sluice gate! Eyes are weapons!!!!

C

Cat of Shadows

Industry all the Way

Industry all the Way

You can't beat a good bit of Industry and the finer art of Aluminium production.....mmmmmmm! Nice!

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

suprisingly enough - I spent today looking at hump shunting yards with a few coalition colleagues.......and I thought I would never see the day that would happen!
It was very exciting...no really.... :eek: :confused:

B

Bombe Suprise

Memories

Memories

Ah, those days at Jeremy Spy - and on a flying base too :D :p

So has anyone found the good ol' 'zill grill' of any use whatsoever?

I

Inch High PI

The Nemesis and I were looking through his Japs eyes notes yesterday,

goose neck jib cranes, baffled our Army friend!

No one here talks about Japs eye , its the Medmenham TDW now!! :mad:

C

Cat of Shadows

Geodesy!!

Geodesy!!

Magnum Magnum PI said:
???

I bet you were the one that actually understood and enjoyed Geodesy lectures!

You give spotters a bad name!

;)

Didn't understand a bloody word, and still didn't care for it much when I did my Dewdrop course; did I mention that was in the States?

Stax

Flight Sergeant
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh!

Sorry just had to get that out of my system. I have always believed the Int Branch of the RAF is sort of a poor mans masonic lodge. Full of people who don't actually admit to being one but have a funny handshake and talk about the sort of subjects that would make a train spotter fall into a deep coma. Now I am not trying to denigrate your subject (heavens no! look at my trade, glass houses, stones etc) but please, please, please get a life. Oh and try posts in Washington, Texas, Philadelphia and several other stateside posts and we can tell people where we are, good eh! Oh I know, its your forum, nothing to do with me, but hey not everything is secret. Beadwindow!

I

Inch High PI

Stax said:
I have always believed the Int Branch of the RAF is sort of a poor mans masonic lodge. Full of people who don't actually admit to being one but have a funny handshake and talk about the sort of subjects that would make a train spotter fall into a deep coma. !

Beats being a stacker!! what did you do at work today?

Stax said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh!

Sorry just had to get that out of my system. I have always believed the Int Branch of the RAF is sort of a poor mans masonic lodge. Full of people who don't actually admit to being one but have a funny handshake and talk about the sort of subjects that would make a train spotter fall into a deep coma. Now I am not trying to denigrate your subject (heavens no! look at my trade, glass houses, stones etc) but please, please, please get a life. Oh and try posts in Washington, Texas, Philadelphia and several other stateside posts and we can tell people where we are, good eh! Oh I know, its your forum, nothing to do with me, but hey not everything is secret. Beadwindow!

WTF do you know about it?

This has been banter for years as its a subject that they taught us all at JSPI and most of us never used, i'm sure there is simlar that applies to your lot. As you correctly spotted its a Int forum, and for the PI's we may per chance like to reminise at the funny or painful parts of our careers. Thats what chat forums are all about!
As for name dropping Washington... Don't comment about something you have no idea about! Its banter within the int branch as the first of the people to do a certain course had to go stateside, this was soon changed to sunny Marham. so its internal banter not us bigging ourselves up!
Stax, Get your own life, stop sniffing through our forum to make your petty comments that have no knowledge about, havent you got any friends in your stackers forum to talk to?

Your last comment just shows me how out of touch you are with reality. You are either a passed over cold war warrior who remembers the past (And yes, Int guys were guilty of what you say, Beadwindow etc...) or youve been listening to the big boys talk about the old days and didn't make your own mind up. Things have changed. Suggest you re-evaluate your opinion as you are quite simply WRONG!

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

Stax - I have to agree with Marshall here (and believe me that doesn't happen all that often!)
You really are full of it aren't you - last time I checked this was the SPOOKS Forum and basically if you are going to be a beatch then bugger off - you are not welcome!

The Int branch is one of the few that the military are actually investing (note that we didn't get hit hard with redundancies as having military Intel personnel is still vv important - how did the supply branch do on that one??)

To take that kind of S**t from a stacker is one of the biggest insults possible. We are at the sharper end of the blunt scale...
Yes we spend time across the pond,,,,and in the desert...and in places that generally people have no idea about....first in/last out, living in tents worldwide and constantly doing a real job that results in protecting your ass on a day to day basis.

The branch has changed substantially and for the better in the last 8 years - Intel leads the way in so many areas I doubt you are even privvy to know about it.

So go jump in some other forum where people might find you either amusing or interesting you blanket stacking, morale killing waste of web space.

Rant Over -unless he comes back then I might actually get upset! :mad: