• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How long before you kill someone?

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
How long is it going to be before some gets seriously hurt, or worse killed by bad practice from muppets. Yet again, today, I witnessed a muppet drop the ramp of a herc without checking the nose bay properly for personnel. A quick look up the centre line from the ramp is no good as the nose wheels will easly hide someones legs. It isn't the first time it has happened, and it won't be the last. For farks sake check the nose properly, cos if you drop the nose on me by lowering the ramp it will result in a nose bleed and watering eyes for the idiot who does it.
If a muppet of some ineligence, hard to believe I know, reads this take it onboard and teach these idiots properly. It only takes the once...........

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
You are having a bad shift aren't you! Yet again the Muppets star! No doubt this was on a see in when you're other favourite trade (Loadies) tend to hand the aircraft over to the Movers and not the see-in crew! :mad:

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
Not a see in but the farkin' de blank.
It wasn't the best shift, pi$$ing rain and windy with barely enough manpower for the workload. Still lean hasn't made too much of a mess of things.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Even worse! And being a de-blank not a see-in there wouldn't have been any pies to eat either.

Won't be long before Lyneham gets de-leaned and reverts back to 24/30 & 47/70! Hey, why not call in A & B Line!!!!!!!!! :confused:

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
Billy Whizz said:
Won't be long before Lyneham gets de-leaned and reverts back to 24/30 & 47/70! Hey, why not call in A & B Line!!!!!!!!! :confused:

What a top quality , inovitive idea, but I've got a better plan, Instead of splitting them up between J and K models, we could split them into to 2 sqn's one does all the long hrercs, and the other sqn does all the short Hercs. It hasn't been tried yet, and is not as stupid as some of the ideas that the simpler lot have dreamed up. :confused:

As for muppets, grrrrr :mad:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
sausage2 said:
What a top quality , inovitive idea, but I've got a better plan, Instead of splitting them up between J and K models, we could split them into to 2 sqn's one does all the long hrercs, and the other sqn does all the short Hercs. It hasn't been tried yet, and is not as stupid as some of the ideas that the simpler lot have dreamed up. :confused:

As for muppets, grrrrr :mad:

About the only idea that hasn't!!!! Thing is, where will all the extra manpower come from to man the split!!! Answer - nowhere!! It will revert to where we were a year ago but with less blokes! Happy Days :mad:

M

M_for_Mother

fat lazy techie said:
If a muppet of some ineligence, hard to believe I know, reads this take it onboard and teach these idiots properly. It only takes the once...........

I´m no Muppet, but surely you mean inteligence?

´Let he who is without Sin cast the first stone´ all that, what, what?!!

MFM

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
MMother, it was a long hard shift so I think I can be forgiven for a slight lapse in spelling. It still doesn't excuse the movers for their potentially dangerous actions.

B

Bluntend

Really Mother,

I´m no Muppet...
Brevity - yep!

Clarity - yep!

Accuracy - Hmmm? :D

I'm guessing your staff work's always immaculate, eh? Why is it that when ever someone has a good point to make, others that don't resort to nit-picking? ;)

M

M_for_Mother

oh its a good point, no doubt, but I suspect that any Mover reading his post is going to go straight to ´f off, ignore´ mode, because of his hostile tone.

It does sound as if the fella described was negligent, but having a go at the Movers as a group will immediately alienate you. Its exactly the same if someone had made a generalisation about my branch, you ignore the merit of what was said and fixate on the banter.

Having seen this site mature from just a few members, I find it quite disappointing that we are going down the Mover-bashing street...again.

I do hope, FLT, that you took the young scalleywag to task over his incompetance, I´m sure that a Flight Line bolly in front of his mates would be a much more effective preventative tool!

MFM

B

Bluntend

Can't help but agree with you on yor last point - maybe if more of us took it upon ourselves to 're-educate' where necessary we'd have fewer mistakes made. We've seen the 'state of new recruits' threads and the criticism that we are all happy to dish out. Perhaps if we took a bit more ownership of the problem we could keep on top of things. Just a thought.

T

Twonston Pickle

"Ownership" - sounds dangerously like management speak creeping in there. Seriously, it's a good point and maybe we should all do somthing about the problem but maybe we are wary of ending up on the receiving end of a bullying complaint or worse just for being robust.

B

Bluntend

Yeah, sorry. That last one was a bit cringeworthy but "ownership" was the only word I could think of. :eek:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Obviously MTM is sitting in his office somewhere, bored and listless, nitpicking peoples spelling mistooks. He wouldn't recognise a "bolly" if it jumped up and bit him on ther "bo11ocks" because as an Orifice (note, he said branch not trade, and he asked for an officers thread, the impertinence of the boy!) he has hoary old FS' and WO's to dish out the proper bo11ock1ngs. All he was taught at Cranners is to be pink, fluffy and ensure the chaps have washed their feet!(although in the old days OC's used to have to inspect their troops skivvies, it used to be in QR's)

S

shoutingwind

its not just the movers who try and kill lineys. a few months back i almost got squished in serval interesting but painful ways all in one day-

1- Growbags vs. liney take 1: we went out to de-blank the a/c and while i was up the ladder with head in the intake (having a little look) the captain decides it would be a jolly good idea to unfeather the prop. luckly i feel down to ladder toot sweet and didn't get my brains splashed across the pan. when i went to complain that they'd almost brained me the capt. shrugged. :mad:

2- Growbags vs. liney take 2: on the very next see off i was marshalling a herc from bay 29. i was standing ahead of the a/c, in front of disused south and rather than following my marshalling and following the yellow lines the capt drove the a/c directly towards me at a fair rate of knots :eek: . so i have to run out of the path of a large a/c with 4 spinning blades of death and only just make it on to the grass as the herc roars past. being late for your slot time does not excuse murder of lineys.

3- movers vs. lineys: sme old same old. mover lowers ramp while i was putting nose pin in. its not difficult people, if you don't put the pin in and the nose wheel collapses then the ramp is going to see saw up and hit the thoughtless movers

so all in all that was a bad day.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

M_for_Mother

I know you adore me Stax, I bet you´ve got little piccies of me in your dug-out!

I´m just not gay, or ´out!

S

Sherriff

F.L.T & shouting wind

Its simple really fella's make the movers understand that when they do something
utterly stupid they are made to look utterly stupid.
Its about time these silly and dangerous occurences stop before someone gets well and truely hurt.
Re-training of those who consistantly ignore the correct SOP's should be in place now! This also applies to those who do the training, are your work mates carrying out the correct working practices.
obviously not ask F.L.T and shouting wind.
:eek:

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I agree, the problems will only be addressed if you let them know about it. Next time it happens submit a 'Human Factors' report and highlight the incident/s. This will get the incident thrown up the chain of command and highlight that things need to be done to rectify work practices. Also, come and see your SNCOS' and let them know too...........no point in getting yourself worked up and frustrated that it keeps happening if your not prepared to actually do something about it.

Just imagine if somebody actually got injured or killed if some of these events happened again, would you feel a tad guilty that you hadn't highlighted it when it happened to you?
I know I would.

I can understand that at present it feels like no bugger listens, but this system does work to your advantage and should be used more often.

As for the unfeathering of props while your in the intake. Did you say that you fell off the ladder because of it? If so did you report this to your line manager? You would have been laughing as its not in their SOP's to unfeather the props for starts. In fact they are supposed to fill in a F726 for aux feather pump operation if they do use it.......another procedure that is ignored.

Sherrif, please understand that this isn't a Movers or aircrew bashing thread, its just something that has ticked these people off, and rightly so. Yes, Techies have been guilty of cocking up before, but thats usually rectified and not a re-occurring thing because the crews/ncos usually report it. The fact that these personnel have to be supervised by Juniors and Seniors to load/offload makes me wonder whats going wrong. As for the techies on the line's, they are not supervised at all when it comes to flight servicings and usually they get treated like second class citizens when they come to confront the SNCO/JNCO when something like this happens. Lets face it, who is going to win? the SAC or the Sgt?

So all I can say is what Ive said above...................come and see the SNCO's and we will help you get it sorted.

Just remember that we all bat for the same team..........usually ;)

Last edited:

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
I made my feelings known to the persons responsible at the time, as I have done every time. I guess some people are too thick to take it in as it still happens. I also informed the grown ups around at the time.
Now where the fark do we keep the human (used in the most basic sense) factors reports in J3? ;)

S

shoutingwind

it was more a serious slid than a fall. i did tell the grown ups, and went to submit the form but i was too shaken to remember which a/d and capt it was.

next time though i'll bounce the b@stards! its nice to know someone belives the little guys, most the times if the crews mess up they just kick their heels and swear it wasn't them.......