• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How long before you kill someone?

R

rightthen

So what do you do when a muppet drops the ramp while your in the nose wheel bay fitting the nose pin.

Well the official line is the Nose Pin must be fitted prior to any ground operations. That includes droping the ramp!!

I am sure if you got the muppets name and went to see the guys in the Training Flight they would do most of the work for you ie. taking the Eng Auths of them, making sure they were re-trained and let them know the error of their ways.

Or go and see the JENGO with there name and get them to follow it up.

Or fill out a Murphy report

After hearing that some idiot of and Air Eng decided to start the GTC while the Liney had his head up an intake while de-balanking its not just the muppets you need to watch out for.

Said Eng was reported to OC Eng and OC Ops.

Failling all the above just e-mail the station comader and let him deal with it.

Hope this help.

If there are any spelling mistakes sorry but i am dyslexic.

woody

SAC
It pains me that others in my trade still let this happen, its not hard to send the duty LAC up front for a proper check. The health and safety of all is more important than a gash short cut. We have enough people out to get us, without us maiming each other.

If this happens again indeed let the training guys know and they will take action, usually involving the culprit giving the warrant a damn good listening too.

Otherwise a good kick in slats for the gash Tw*t who did it usually works wonders for reinforcing good practices.

R

redeye

i was down in the falklands on a c17 last year and the tw*t of an atlas driver decided he didn't need to be marshalled and ripped the lip of the ramp. this caused us to depressurise over the pond fu*king nice one

Are movers accountable for Any thing???

(oh they broke the falklands 747 this week for the third time in a year)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

transporttype

It pains me that others in my trade still let this happen, its not hard to send the duty LAC up front for a proper check. The health and safety of all is more important than a gash short cut. We have enough people out to get us, without us maiming each other.

If this happens again indeed let the training guys know and they will take action, usually involving the culprit giving the warrant a damn good listening too.

Otherwise a good kick in slats for the gash Tw*t who did it usually works wonders for reinforcing good practices.

Agreed, and given that the other transport station can operate a simple system where the bloke i/c the see in calls in the movers once the pins are in, why cant it happen here?

Aircraft chocks in, power on, pins in, OK for movs/catering etc to enter the exclusion zone...simple really.

TT

C

Captain Gatso

Years ago, when I was on transport at Brize. I was a saftey man on the headset, on a ground run. With an engine running. I noticed out of the corner of my eye, an LDV with a set of pack steps approaching the side to which the engine was running. Anti colls whirring mereily, to advertise the fact to the most simple chimp, that a ground run was going on. This muppet thought of driving straight into the area, to get rid of his steps. I never moved faster in all my life. Disconnected, ran up to the approaching LDV with arms waving. the guy stopped after seeing me. I never gave so much abuse to someone in all my life. His excuse to me was, " I was told to put the steps there". After that they always phoned us before they put steps near an aircraft.:pDT_Xtremez_32:

Max

Sergeant
It's good to know that it's still happening :pDT_Xtremez_42: It was always happening when I was at Lyneham on B-line.

By luck I managed to bump into the new OC eng down route and when I enquired as to whether he actually read the reports or just shredded them he asked what I was on about so I pointed out this very problem, I thought no more of it.

Some months later whilst talking to a mate who was still there he remarked that a load of movers had had their auth's removed for this very job not long after. I thought it was quite amusing then but obviously as usual it only takes a while before things go back to the way they were unfortunately.

Maybe a bit of advice on PPrune might get their attention (the loadies that is).

C

cooperman

How long is it going to be before some gets seriously hurt, or worse killed by bad practice from muppets. Yet again, today, I witnessed a muppet drop the ramp of a herc without checking the nose bay properly for personnel. A quick look up the centre line from the ramp is no good as the nose wheels will easly hide someones legs. It isn't the first time it has happened, and it won't be the last. For farks sake check the nose properly, cos if you drop the nose on me by lowering the ramp it will result in a nose bleed and watering eyes for the idiot who does it.
If a muppet of some ineligence, hard to believe I know, reads this take it onboard and teach these idiots properly. It only takes the once...........

A Valid point well made (and I'm a MOVER). I would just like to say that It most of the cases when I have gone out to an imbound, it is in fact the loadie and not the movers who lower the ramp at the earliest oppertunity to enable us (the movers) to see whats on the frame so that the loadie can leave at the earliest opertunity. (Though we are by no means perfect)

Perhaps there needs to be some comunication between the Linies and the movers before anything happens? Also between the ground engine, supervising the engines shutting down, and the Linies. They are still on head sets after all and can inform the loadie not to put his hands anywhere near the ramp controls for a couple of mins. ON FEAR OF PAIN???

This is not to say that linies are perfect, the ammount of thime i have been on a frame trying to winch some thing off, and you lot start stepping over the winch wire. Which is often under immense strain, you would be if you had several thousand kilos of weight pulling you tight!

:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Cooperman

P

pueblos

Hey Fat Boy

Hey Fat Boy

Say want you want to mate, its a free world. I've seen many a Techy try to kill a Techy, or perhaps they were just trying for you:raf:

Anyway, as to the problem at LYN, S**T happens, I guess until you learn to talk to Movers and Movers learn to talk to Techys these problems will just carry on and on:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Its not just LYN, it happens at BZZ too. Many a time the Tech heads don't bother to check that Movers or Suppliers are working inside the rear of the aircraft.::/:

As I said thats life:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Keep smiling

Yandards

LAC
Sounds like that hasnt changed since I was there then..

..thing being the muppets should not be allowed on it until the see-in crew have finished with it, they are not qualified to say it's safe to do so or not.

It's only because they are in a rush and want to get some sleep..