• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Helicopter crash Basra on 6 May 2006

F

Fablon biff chit

A mourning parade was held at BAS as the coffins were loaded onto the herc. The last post, what an emotive piece of music.

Later, they were unloaded and reloaded onto a C17, can anyone say why?

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
The sad return.

The sad return.

Just watching now on sky news as the bodies are returned, I didn't know any of those aboard the Lynx, , just feel deeply saddened every time I watch this ceremony. It really strikes home that it could be any of us, and leaves a very empty feeling. At this time I would express my condolences to the families, friends and colleagues of the deceased, thoughts are with scouse. For once the media are doing the right thing and respecting the wishes of the family and affording this occasion the dignity it deserves.

RIP

T

Tigger

I served with JC on 28 sqn when he was still a Sqn Ldr. He was a thoroughly decent guy who was very down to earth, not to mention very good at his job. My thoughts are with the families of those who lost their lives, and with my former colleagues on 28 (AC) Sqn who once again find themselves burying their dead. (we lost And Harris then Rachel and Richie Turk two weeks later in 03 to road accidents).

This was read at And's funeral, seems appropriate now.

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."​

Hmmmm

SAC
Message released by Benson today.

FUNERAL SERVICE OF WG CDR JOHN COXEN (5205010G) GD(P)

Following the tragic incident involving the Lynx helicopter in Iraq on 6 May 06, a funeral service for Wg Cdr John Coxen will be held at Dorchester Abbey, Oxfordshire on 28 Jun 06 at 1500 hrs followed by an interment at the churchyard in Benson village. All friends and colleagues are invited to attend both the service and the interment and must be seated in the Abbey by 1445 hrs. Dress for Service personnel is No 1 HD with medals. Officers and WOs are to carry brown gloves, black armbands should not be worn. Following the service there will be a wake in the Officers’ Mess, RAF Benson commencing at 1700. The family have requested that no floral tributes be sent; however, those wishing to may make a donation to the RAF Benevolent Fund. Cheques should be made payable to ‘RAFBF’ and forwarded to Mr John Pearce, P L Barrett Funeral Directors, 81 Ock Street, Abingdon, OX14 5AG. In order that we can gauge attendance and arrange adequate transport and catering, those wishing to attend the funeral and/or the reception are to contact Sqn Ldr Jase Appleton on 95261, Ext 7054. Return transport will be provided from RAF Benson to Dorchester Abbey, as parking at the Abbey is limited.

FUNERAL SERVICE OF FLT LT SARAH MULVIHILL (8245481J) OPS ST (OPS)

Following the tragic incident involving the Lynx helicopter in Iraq on 6 May 06, a funeral service for Flt Lt Sarah Mulvihill will be held at Canterbury Cathedral on 27 Jun 06 at 1400 hrs followed by a private cremation attended by family members only. All friends and colleagues are invited to attend the service in the Cathedral and should be seated by 1345 hrs. Dress for Service personnel will be No 1 HD with medals, Officers and WOs are to wear black armbands and carry brown gloves. Sarah’s family have requested that anyone not wearing Service uniform should dress in a cheerful manner with the minimum amount of black. Sarah loved flowers and anyone wishing to send floral tributes may do so by contacting Lesley Sadler at John Kemp Funeral Directors, 17 St Dunstan’s Street, Canterbury, CT2 8AF. Alternatively, donations may be made in Sarah’s memory to the work of Canterbury Cathedral. Following the service there will be a Life Celebration in the International Study Centre, Canterbury Cathedral, to which all are invited. Return transport will be available from RAF Benson and RAF LATCC (Mil). In order that we can gauge attendance and arrange adequate transport and catering, those wishing to attend the funeral and travel from RAF Benson should contact Sqn Ldr Stangroom, 28 (AC) Sqn Ops, RAF Benson on 95261, Ext 7831. Alternatively, those travelling from the London area should contact WO Jenny Olivant via 95243, Ext 3503 or (civ) 01895 423503.