• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has Hamilton Just Lost Credibility?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Vaunted as being one of the finest drivers in F1 yet he catches a dose of COVID and a bloke who generally comes close to last every week (or does not finish) jumps into his car after minimal exposure to it and would have won the race comfortably if not for a tyre faff in a pitstop.

Has Mercedes just made a boo-boo and exposed Hamilton to criticism?

spanners

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Potentially they have, but Mercedes love Hamilton, so I'm not expecting any changes.....

However Bottas must be feeling very exposed at the moment, 4 years in the Team, raced the same car all year, but well and truly beaten on the day despite their respective finishing places, time for Bottas to go.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Agree, probably says more about Bottas as without Verstappen there wasn’t much of a challenge on what was almost a circular circuit.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Those that know whom George Russell is, know that he won GP3 (old F3) and GP2 (Old F2) in his rookie seasons. Mercedes have bankrolled him since 2017. Why? Because he is that good. Williams signed him as paid (likely with Merc pay) and will hold a contract, even though the car is a shit box. The circuityesterday itself had both left and right hand turns so the car set up would have been similar to the race before. Engineers comment BTW. Hard braking zones were still there. Russell of course did better seeing he did not fit the car properly at all. Would he beat Hamilton? Possibly, but Lewis is in his prime. He is only a year older than Senna was and Schumacher was still winning loads of races at that age. Cars win WDC and WCC titles, it is very rare that the best car does not win during the year. I can only mention 1982 (drivers in the best car were killing/ending their careers in accidents), 1986 and 1991 (Because the Williams FW11 and FW14 broke down so much and Senna was on fire) and 2008 (Hamilton was better that the Ferrari Drivers). Bottas knows his time is likely to be over sooner than later. Hamilton will not be finished soon unless he gets bored by it all. He has won races like Fangio, Stewart, Clark, Senna and Schumacher, because he is as good as them. You may not like his mixed race view on the world, has he been called names? More than likely, I am from the same part of the world and know people that happily used the language than my kids do not use. I have seen rascist language used by members of the RAF. I wasn't impressed by the elders that used it then. If I had been their boss at the time. I would have been the first to use the 252.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
For the technical side of round and roundy racing, I can't comment because I've never been into it. What I dont understand however is why some people can't support Hamilton as a Great British Achiever because in my view, he is exactly that.

StickyFingers

Sergeant
Only issue I see for Hamilton now is Merc going "So, you want your 8th title, and you need this car. George has proven he can drive it even when he can't fit in it. He'll get us the drivers and constructors champs next year, with Bottas who does what he's told. He's on £1 mill you're on £40 mill, we need to make savings, sign this... Or don't".

Maybe Russell gets the job and flys, maybe he gets it and goes full Red Bull junior and crumbles. It's made Lewis' new contract renewment a lot more interesting.

As for sacking Bottas for Russell, he's the guy you want the opposite, best wingman in the biz.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
While I do support Hammy for being a great driver - that doesn't mean he can't be a fragile self-appreciating cluster-feck away from his car - I mean - he even stopped screwing that Pussycat Doll???