• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Growbags!

Major Geek

Sergeant
blue_eyed_girl said:
so who are grow bags on here then?
xXx

They are the ones that ponce about in err grow bags - flying suits or posh green overalls quite often seen in sandy colour these days.

B

blue_eyed_girl

lol, i like the green flying suits
i wear them when i go flying
i guess you don't like them then?

xXx

Major Geek

Sergeant
blue_eyed_girl said:
lol, i like the green flying suits
i wear them when i go flying
i guess you don't like them then?

xXx

Being a Techie it is only natural to have a distaste for them. Sepcially the ones that ponce about in them even when they are not flying.

B

blue_eyed_girl

lol wouldn't you though if you had that job lol?
oooo techie is my back up job!
you find it fun?
xXx

Major Geek

Sergeant
blue_eyed_girl as I think you have been advised on other threads:
Go for aircrew if you can, probably more fun and money.
If not then a commision, more money, better pension.
Then Techie, more money, hands on, job prospects outside. Not to say we are third in the pecking order or don't have fun, its just a different way of life.

B

blue_eyed_girl

i did want a commission but i just don't want to be sat in an office all the time!
I want a job where i'm out all the time and not stuck indoors!

Major Geek

Sergeant
You could always join the MPGS (Military Police Provost Guard Service) who are gradually taking over our guarding commitment (yee hah!)

B

blue_eyed_girl

i don't really want to be in the RAF police, it sounds a bit boring and repetitive
:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Im so fed up of being at college!
grr

B

Bill Bones

I'm in the process of applying to join as NC Aircrew...

Although also considered Air Traffic and Regiment.

Ideally I'd like to go rotary

Anyone have any advice?

I have been told part of the training is done at Cranwell..... what does that involve?

G

gemarriott

blue_eyed_girl said:
i did want a commission but i just don't want to be sat in an office all the time!
I want a job where i'm out all the time and not stuck indoors!

Bricklaying is an outside job:pDT_Xtremez_14:

G

gemarriott

Bill Bones said:

Anyone have any advice?

I have been told part of the training is done at Cranwell..... what does that involve?

Sitting on it and spinning I would think:pDT_Xtremez_14:

B

Bill Bones

Don't want to sit on an office chair for all those weeks thanks... :pDT_Xtremez_30:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Bill Bones said:

Anyone have any advice?

I am a 'growbag'....I and many of my colleagues do a sight less poncing than some may think...of course some of us do ponce occasionally...but whats life like without a little poncing.....

Try here for info:

http://www.oascprep.co.uk/

and here:

http://www.airmenaircrew.freeserve.co.uk

That should keep you busy for a while :cool:

B

blue_eyed_girl

Bill Bones said:

Anyone have any advice?

You want to be exactly same as me!

You do all your training at cranwell

10 week there doing your training and leadership to become a plastic sergeant and then after that 26 week on 55 squadron training to be a wsop

Rotary would be great espec on the chinooks but i would also enjoy being on the sentrys

B

Bill Bones

Plastic Sgt is still Sgt.... I'm not gonna knock it :pDT_Xtremez_14:

So it has changed then, I was told that trg started at Halton and then progressed to Cranditz

B

Bill Bones

Get Tae said:
No it isnae!:pDT_Xtremez_25:

Fit's the diffrence en?

Are pay & privelages not the same? Or do people that have risen to the rank of Sgt the long way just resent them?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Its a bit odd really...I remember some of the appo high flyers, the ones that did keep their noses clean post training and did not compete with the government to run up huge amounts of debt once out of the system could rise to Sgt in the same broad time scale as it took an Aeop (Rad) to get through his training (with a 6 month re-course thrown in for good measure) and yet they were not overly critisized...

It is theoretically possible for a youth who is barely into shaving to gain his commission and after a pitiful amount of professional training in certain trades be in a position at his first posting to have a person double his age with years of experience sat in front of his desk for bollockings/advice on private matters and yet this is, again, not overly criticised...

Agreed some of the NCA cadre do come in looking rather fresh faced and may say things that make you want to gouge their eyes out (blunt spoons optional) but its the same in any segment of air force life...there is always someone who will p*ss somebody off.

Maybe its because we are a bit of an oddity and that puts us on a pedestal (small one albeit)...we are perhaps an easier target than our commisioned colleagues in the banter stakes...with less comeback when someone takes it too far...don't know but would love to hear other peoples reasons...

top tips for the 2 hopefuls on this thread...don't use the 'plastic' term when in earshot of OASC... Also there is a NCA brief on the last Thursday of every month at Cranwell (someone from Cranwell please correct me if this has changed). Everything to do with training changes almost monthly these days so attending that would put you right up to date..

Blue eyed girl... Not sure about you yet...your posts are all over the place as far as content goes...are you blond and dizzy or a troll.......??

B

blue_eyed_girl

Vim_Fuego said:
Blue eyed girl... Not sure about you yet...your posts are all over the place as far as content goes...are you blond and dizzy or a troll.......??

Ha lol...
no i am not a troll lol and yes i am blond but i am NOT dizzy
you couldnt be more wrong

I don't think a dizzy girl would be doing A level physics...do you?..no

:pDT_Xtremez_32: