• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Good Kindle Book

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Just bought it on your recommendation. Bought lots of books for 99p from up and coming authors. Surprising how excellent most of them are. Had a few duds but for the price you can't complain.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Bought and downloaded.....got a fair few books now to read :)

Sent from my iPad 2 ....yes I doooo

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I now have kindle for the PC and I bought the book.
So far so good.
Now I need another pair of glasses to read it. . . . .

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Can you not change the text size ? I've not used kindle reader for pc but am guessing they are all very similar, on iPad very easy to change text size, brightness etc, never thought I would like it as much as I do :)

Crack on..........

Sent from my iPad 2 ....yes I doooo

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Kindle is a great tool for carrying your library around if working away from home..........But, you can't beat a paperback in the bog. Current paperback is 'Storm Front' by Rowland White (Vulcan 607 and Phoenix Squadron). SAS and Strikemasters fighting the Adoo in Oman early 1970's. Another gripping read from an excellent writer.

G

gemarriott

Kindle is a great tool for carrying your library around if working away from home..........But, you can't beat a paperback in the bog. Current paperback is 'Storm Front' by Rowland White (Vulcan 607 and Phoenix Squadron). SAS and Strikemasters fighting the Adoo in Oman early 1970's. Another gripping read from an excellent writer.

I tend to favour big bouncing tits volume 3 for my sh1thouse studies:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Got it all working well, although I ain't finished it yet.
It's well told (so far) but it shows a desperate need for a good Editor.
Words that would pass the Spelling check are one thing, but the wrong word is another ( passed for past; end of Ch 4).
But it streams off the page rather well.
I hope the author goes on to further and better things.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
I have got this book but not started to read it yet but this is a trend I'm seeing more of with Kindle books. Do they actually have proof readers or editors ? Have just finished SABAT and SABAT 2 and while they were a great read, the spelling and punctuation was terrible.

Crack on..................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
I think this is due in part to 'hard copy' books being scanned, then character recognition and spellcheck/word substitute software being used. My current read is 'The Seven Pillars of Wisdom' by T.E. Lawrence, and the book went on about the Turks and Median (WTF??!!??). "Oh they mean Medina."