• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

God......... where is he ???

ChrisBrit81

Sergeant
Lets assume we're debating the existence of the Judeo-Christian "God"

some options or possible answers to the variations of the question "if god exists why isn't the world a better place" etc... are as follows:

1. He exists but is not all powerful - therefore the bible lies, therefore why should we belive the part where it says he exists?

2. He exists but chooses not to solve the "problems" of the world - therefore he is NOT a loving God, therefore the bible is a lie so why should we belive the part where it says he exists?

or my favourite one...

3. He doesn't exist, and religion is a very clever way of exploiting the human beings natural fear of death for the purposes of controlling people.

I agree, WE have the power to change the world, not a god.

Sergeant
Sunday the 4th july a mate of the wife is getting ordained into the church of England.We have both got invites to the do at Bradford Cathedral.i have had a word with wanabe godbod that if its tea and buns afterwards ill not be going as im not wasting a good afternoon in the club with the lads.She has assured me that alcohol is involved.If God can put on a good **** up im converted.Let you know .

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
There's only one way any of us ever find out for definite anyway

I had a mahoosive heart attack in April 2009 and "died" for 4 and a half minutes I was completely totally flat line dead and gone. Top class NHS staff coupled with good CPR and the de-fib machine brought me back. Since then I have been asked many times what's it like to be dead. Well it's total and utter peace, blackness in all directions, yet with incredible calmness and serenity, warm and comfortable, quite nice really. I now have no fear of the grim reaper's next visit. Religious friends have asked what I had seen whilst dead, my answer was nothing at all, except the afore mentioned blackness etc. Their reasoning as to why I only saw darkness was that as the Lord knew I was to return to the living he would not show me any of his delights that await us in case I blabbed and the secret was out. Perhaps though the reason I saw nothing was that actually there is nothing to see.

Last edited:

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I had a mahoosive heart attack in April 2009 and "died" for 4 and a half minutes I was completely totally flat line dead and gone. Top class NHS staff coupled with good CPR and the de-fib machine brought me back. Since then I have been asked many times what's it like to be dead. Well it's total and utter peace, blackness in all directions, yet with incredible calmness and serenity, warm and comfortable, quite nice really. I now have no fear of the grim reaper's next visit. Religious friends have asked what I had seen whilst dead, my answer was nothing at all, except the afore mentioned blackness etc. Their reasoning as to why I only saw darkness was that as the Lord knew I was to return to the living he would not show me any of his delights that await us in case I blabbed and the secret was out. Perhaps though the reason I saw nothing was that actually there is nothing to see.

How exactly would they know this? These people hide behind a blanket of supposition.

I'll buy that.

Obi Wan

Sergeant
Dont believe in God per se - that big bearded bloke that sits on a cloud.... nah, not for me.
I do believe there is a higher being - whether that be the Paganistic mother god type of thing or aliens who have put us on here as an experiment - who can say.
I believe in a spiritualist form of "after life", not heaven & hell - we make those ourselves.
We are an energy field, as humans, and when we die, that energy cannot just dispate can it? it has to go somewhere.... where? who knows!
Just my thoughts, Im married to a Jedi so what do you expect???????

Do I Know him.............................:pDT_Xtremez_30: