• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Getting popular?

bigsteviej

Corporal
Oh sir said:
It's not "our" board Stevie. It's your board. All ex serving members are very welcome indeed (Probably make up a good proportion of the users anyway!) and even civvies with no past connection to the RAF are welcome.

Crack on big fella!

thanks for that!!!!

well have donated ( can tell but would have to ki..... well 'whatever' )

have subscribed ( why only 1 year option????)

oooooo look! shiny things!!! (or was that just in my day????)

AndyZ

Sergeant
Oh sir said:
It's not "our" board Stevie. It's your board. All ex serving members are very welcome indeed (Probably make up a good proportion of the users anyway!) and even civvies with no past connection to the RAF are welcome.

Crack on big fella!
Its felt like ive come home sort of...I came out of the mob in 1990 and until I found the goat I have been drifting in some kind of wilderness.....It has bought back so many memories and its great to feel part of the "family" again. I have become almost addicted to the site and even my partner whose father is ex Navy and really has no idea of some or most of the terminology has enjoyed it too, we have been made to feel so welcome by all of the members its been a pleasure joining in....... We intend to donate and subscribe in the very near future so...Thank you E-Goat.

bigsteviej

Corporal
my wife asks if she can have a badge too????

E-GOAT WIDOW

Told her mind her own and concentrate on X-Factor ...... L O L :pDT_Xtremez_31:

bigsteviej

Corporal
AndyZ said:
Its felt like ive come home sort of...I came out of the mob in 1990 and until I found the goat I have been drifting in some kind of wilderness.....It has bought back so many memories and its great to feel part of the "family" again. I have become almost addicted to the site and even my partner whose father is ex Navy and really has no idea of some or most of the terminology has enjoyed it too, we have been made to feel so welcome by all of the members its been a pleasure joining in....... We intend to donate and subscribe in the very near future so...Thank you E-Goat.

and i thought i was a bit long in the tooth!!!! lol

i had been reading this for a while before i decided to join in and have come to the obvious realisation that 'my' Raf is a lot different in more than a few ways to the ' current ' one....

silly things really like accomodation. the use of the pc and for that matter mobiles! ( oh remember them days stood in some dank corridor waiting for someone to get off the pay phone!)

basically the boys & girls are tad spoilt in some ways... but in others ...well, better the devil you know...

for anyone reading this post.....

' i for one am proud of OUR services! i try to read and keep up to date with happenings in the world.. all i ever really saw was 'good' dets, so i don't envy you with the 'lovely' (sic) places you guys go to at the moment!!! BUT please, please never ever feel like you have no support from us 'joe public'... cause we are RIGHT behind each and everyone one of you.....'

AndyZ

Sergeant
Have got my "shiny badge" too now :pDT_Xtremez_30: was a pleasure to join up, big steve got a point tho why only the 1 year option?

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
AndyZ said:
Have got my "shiny badge" too now :pDT_Xtremez_30: was a pleasure to join up, big steve got a point tho why only the 1 year option?

because that is the life expectancy of a nerd :pDT_Xtremez_28:

AndyZ

Sergeant
mad_collie said:
because that is the life expectancy of a nerd :pDT_Xtremez_28:
LOL............thanks collie :rolleyes: :pDT_Xtremez_25: but seriously....Would have subscribed for longer if the option was there....

O

Oh sir

bigsteviej said:
' i for one am proud of OUR services! i try to read and keep up to date with happenings in the world.. all i ever really saw was 'good' dets, so i don't envy you with the 'lovely' (sic) places you guys go to at the moment!!! BUT please, please never ever feel like you have no support from us 'joe public'... cause we are RIGHT behind each and everyone one of you.....'

Thanks for the support Stevie. Means a lot coming from a latic to a sky blue!

Anyway, It's good to hear that. Our old friend "Old Chief" would do well to read that, rather than post bollocks about why on earth we serve, and why we'd do better if we all left to earn megabucks. Some of us have to go to these sandy and dusty places. If I didn't, someone else would have to. And I personally am proud of my OSM and ISAF medals. The Mrs will wear them proudly on rememberance Sunday once I'm gone. Old Chief's office colleagues can watch with shame in their hearts.

Anyway, on another subject Stevie: Why is your danasoft signature "Up there for thinking, down there for dancing!"?
I love it by the way.

bigsteviej

Corporal
Oh sir said:
Why is your danasoft signature "Up there for thinking, down there for dancing!"?
I love it by the way.

can't remember where it came from!

does have a nice ring to it though eh??

a bit like cryton in red dwarf..

" engaging smug mode !"

AndyZ

Sergeant
bigsteviej said:
and i thought i was a bit long in the tooth!!!! lol

i had been reading this for a while before i decided to join in and have come to the obvious realisation that 'my' Raf is a lot different in more than a few ways to the ' current ' one....

silly things really like accomodation. the use of the pc and for that matter mobiles! ( oh remember them days stood in some dank corridor waiting for someone to get off the pay phone!)

basically the boys & girls are tad spoilt in some ways... but in others ...well, better the devil you know...

for anyone reading this post.....

I agree with all Bigstevie says, I think ive said a few times that I'm with you all in spirit if not in body, stay safe guys and gals and keep up the good work, at least "the people" are behind you even if your leaders in government are not.

AndyZ

Sergeant
sausage2 said:
Stop it guys I'm welling up with all the support.

Look how brave I was in the Desert here and here.

You guys take enough crap every day of your lives whilst serving, I have no problem giving praise when due.........BTW you could have at least taken off your gimp masks before the snaps were taken lol but fair enough wearing gimp suits in the desert is one up on NEQcounter ;)