• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fitness test levels dropping

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
This could be fun.....

Oh yes.

popcorn.png

briggfairy

Sergeant
If you had a day of Service behind you I'd laugh my head off. How silly your remarks make you look!

Should you ever join up, and make it to a course called JMLC, you will learn something.
Should the cadets not release you, then keep gripping it son, it's just as good as the real thing.

Okay I'll bite,

If you think that fitness and leadership are in anyway related you my friend are in for one hell of a shock when you leave the RAF bubble, but whilst your in the bubble just remember that Winston Churchill drank like a liney on rates every day and managed to provide some half decent leadership.

being a leader isn't about how many shuttles you can do or how many press ups you can do, it's about what your words and more importantly your actions inspire in those around you

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If you think that fitness and leadership are in anyway related you my friend are in for one hell of a shock when you leave the RAF bubble

My nibble. The personal fitness level of your boss is absolutely nothing to do with his/her powers of leadership. I will conceded that if an organisation (RAF) sets a mandatory fitness level for staff then the gaffer leading by example and maintaining the expected standard sets the mark for lower echelon staff to attain. But shuttle run times, press up quantities are not in anyway connected to someones ability to get the best from a workforce. The fitness levels of my civvy mates are, from an RAF perspective, pretty poor and none of that has any bearing whatsoever on their differing careers. Alan Sugar, Richard Branson, James Dyson et al did not achieve all they have achieved by posting better shuttle run times than gym bunnies.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
All I’ll say is if you have to bollock people for not passing the test you should damn well pass it yourself.