• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fancy rejoining?

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I'd love to rejoin....

However,

I want to be an Air Marshal, have lots of gold braid and a new medal every week and I want a hat, a big shiny hat like wot them Russian generals wear. And a huge pension and half pay. It's not too much to ask is it?

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
How about I PVR as a JNCO, then they can sign me back up a s Sqn Ldr... I'm qualified and experienced enough, just missing the rank tabs!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Only Squabbling Bleeder? they couldn't afford me at that pittance nowadays ;)

Yep taken off my current pension as that wouldn’t count and bonuses...puts me somewhere between Scraper and WC.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
According to the 2017 pay scales, I would accept returning as a junior Group Captain....rather fitting really - and working on the spanners of course!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I have to agree that were I a young man or woman with the quals, I'd do it for a few years for ****s and giggles and experience, then foxtrot-oscar.

When you get middle ranking and above, it's diminishing financial returns and you really should be outside earning bigger money. Rejoining for the same reason as above is about the only exception for the more mature person, but honestly, it's getting harder and harder to justify a long career on the basis loyalty when so little is returned.